Chapter 13: You Saved Me

Natsu's POV

Me and Lucy have been seeing each other for a little over a month now. We've kept our relationship on the down low, even after the whole fake engagement situation. I honestly couldn't be more happy. I love seeing Lucy's smile everyday. Today we went for a walk in the park and had a picnic.

Now I'm currently at home eating a bowl of cereal watching the local news. "Breaking news. A house fire has started in the east district. Here is some footages a passing neighbor took."'I stopped eating and held my bowl tightly.

No. It can't be

"Update it is the Heartfilia estate." I didn't wait a second, I dropped my bowl on the floor and darted out the door. 'Please be okay' I ran and ran. 'Be okay!' I could already smell and see the smoke in the air. It only pushed my legs to go faster.

I could see a glow coming from ahead of me. 'Lucy' I ran up to her house where there were tons of by standers, fire trucks and ambulances surrounding the house. I ran up and looked around, I saw Virgo sitting against a truck. "Virgo!"

"Sir Natsu" I ran over to her. "Where's Lucy?" She looked at the house. "Mistress is still inside" 'damn it' I started charging towards the house grabbing a face mask from the fire truck "Sir you can't go in there!" Someone yelled at me, but I kept running. "Get back here damn it!" Another yelled. I didn't stop and ran into the burning house.

"Lucy!" I screamed looking around. "LUCY!!" I ran up the stairs towards her room. "LUCY!" *cough cough* I panicked and looked around till I saw a blob of blonde on the ground by the bed. I ran by and side and tried picking her up.

"No! wait I can't get Happy" she cried. Damn it cat. I looked under the bed and saw him hiding. "Come on buddy let's go" he perked his head up and meowed before running out and into my arms. "Good boy, Lucy come on stand up" she just laid there. "Lucy?"

I quickly placed the face mask on her and got fresh air in her lungs. I picked her up and carried her bridal style with Happy in her lap. I avoided as many burning objects as I could till I saw the photo album and picture frame of her family. 'Shit '

I had to grab them for her but when doing so I burnt my arm. Then I took off out the house. As soon as I got to the street the entire entrance collapsed. "Help!" I yelled, or so I thought my voice was completely croaked. A bunch of people surrounded us bringing us to the ambulance.

They gave me a face mask but I refused to leave Lucy's side. She laid there in the gurney with burns on her arms and legs. She had black marks everywhere. I place my hand on the top of her head running my thumb over her forehead. "I'm sorry I was there to save you sooner" I laid my head next to her and held her hand as the driver said he was about to take off.

Right as they were about to close the door a group of reports pushed them out of the way. "Mr. Dragneel why did you save Ms. Heartfilia?" A couple flashes went off "How did you know where she was?" "Why did you risk your life to save her?" I sat up, but still held onto her hand "Do you care for her?" "What happened?" "Why are you sitting in the car with her?" "Is it true that have been spending a lot of time together?" I lifted my free hand up flipped all off sending a flash attack of photos being taken. Finally they closed to the door and took us to the hospital.

They ended up separating us but once they wrapped my wounds I was adamant about seeing Lucy. They finally gave me the okay and I stayed by her side for a few days. The allowed happy to stay in her room as well, he cuddled up to her. I was about to go to the bathroom when I heard her stir.

Her eye lids were half opened and she was looking around. "Natsu?" She held her hand up and I immediately rushed to her side and grabbed her hand. "I'm here, thank goodness you're awake" I kissed her hand a couple of times and she smiled through her closed eyes.

"Mmm Natsu what happened"

I took a deep breathe and sat down. "You're not going to be to happy bout to Luce.. Your parents house, it's completely gone.." Her eyes squished tightly as tears fell from the corners. "I was afraid of that. Hey you saved me right"

"yea I did, I made sure you and happy got out of there as safely. And I grabbed your photo album and family picture." She gave my hand a light squeeze. "Thank you Natsu" "don't mention it Luce, you know I'd do anything for you." She peeked one eye opened and smiled. "Then will you give me a kiss?" I shook my head and chuckled. "As you wish"

I cupped her cheek and kissed her softly. She smiled then pulled me down again and we kissed again, and again. "Ano.. Excuse me. Ms. Heartfilia.. Mr. Dragneel." I pulled away covering my face laughing. "Ms. Heartfilia it's time to change you bandages and then we'll be talking about you being discharged. We know you don't have a place right now so-"

I cut her off. "Lucy can stay with me, if she wants" Lucy smiled. "Of course, thank you Natsu." The nurse cleared her throat. "So the rumors are true then?" We both looked towards her. "What?" She pulled out her phone. "You're all over the news" we grabbed her phone and looked at it.

It was me carrying Lucy out of the house, sitting in the ambulance, flicking the camera off, along with gossip. I rolled my eyes. "Why can't people just leave us alone" Lucy nodded and snuggled into my arm. "Sorry for upsetting you." The nurse bowed, took her phone then changed Lucy's bandages.

"Hello Ms. Heartfilia, so we heard you have a place to stay, and we are going to allow you to leave this afternoon." The doctor told her. "And Mr. Dragneel, would you please come with me so I can look at you wounds." I nodded and motioned for him to walk. I gave Luce a quick peck then followed the doc out.

They didn't want Lucy walking just yet so had me push her out in a wheel chair. "This is weird. I expected to be doing this with a new born child in my arms." Lucy said making her arms in a cradle shape, while I pushed her. "So you do want children?"

She smiled.

"Of course I do! I want my own little family, a mini me to read books to. Maybe a little boy to stick up for his sister." I chuckled. "Can we name the boy Natsu Jr." Lucy turned it looked up at me. "Y-you want to have kids w-with me?" I showed off a toothy grin. "If that's what you want. And I honestly wouldn't mind a kid or too. Why don't we go home and try for some then?" I said while smirking.

"N-Natsu!"

I laughed and helped her into the car. Then plopped Happy down in her lap. I drove us back to my apartment and helped her back to the room. "Can I have some clothes.. I don't wanna stay in the hospital gown." I smirk. "Aww but you butt is so cute" I laughed as her face lit up red.

I grabbed a pair of clothes out of the drawer. "Here Hun, go get dressed." She rushed off covering her butt as she walked off. I heard some whimpering sounds from the bathroom. "Luce you okay?" I said while tapping on the door. "Natsu.." I open the door and saw her sitting on the ground her wounds open. "Lucy what happened?" I questioned while rewrapping the wounds. "I wanted to know how bad they were" she looked down.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you" she grabbed both my cheeks. "Don't fret Natsu, you saved my life and Happys." "But I wish I would've been there, I decided to go home that night." "I love you" I glanced over at her. "I love you too" I pulled her into my arms and hugged her.

"I'm glad I get this chance to live with you Natsu. I'm just really going to my home, that was the only thing I had left of them" she started to get tears in her eyes, but I wiped them. "We're gonna rebuild it Lucy, as much as we can to how it was. Then we're gonna little us running around and we'll make as many amazing memories as we can okay?"

"Natsu why do you say such things? We're not even married" she said while looking down. "Then I guess we're going to have to change that huh?" I said while tickling her sides. "Aha Natsu ahah are you ahahahah stop!! Serious?" I kissed her smack dab on the lips. "I'm dead serious Luce." She smiled with tears in her eyes.

"I'm so happy I have you in my life again"

"I've never been happier." I told her closing our small gasp with a passionate kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short update, but hope you enjoyed💕

~ only went to school Monday and till 3rd period on Thursday. Curse my stupid chest pain.
.
.
.
Check out my other stories
~Burning Summer
~Lucky I'm in Love with my Bestfriend
~ Her little Secret