Chapter 30: Please Wake Up

Normal POV

Lucy laid there in what seemed to be complete utter darkness. "Am I dead?" Lucy asked into nothingness. She sighed. "I'm sorry to leave you so earlier in your life Nashi. I never wanted you to go through what me and your dad went through"

Lucy could feel warm tears slide down her cheeks. "Natsu I hope you find love again and give Nashi's a good mother" Lucy curled her body into a ball as she bawled her eyes out.

***

"Lucy hang in there baby" Natsu held her hand as the ambulance zoomed to the hospital. "Sir please sit back. We need to stop the internal bleeding. She has fractured rib and a broken leg." A nurse told one of the other paramedics. The ambulance pulled to a halt.

They pulled the gurney down and rushed inside. Natsu jumped and chased after them till they took her past the emergency doors. He slowed down and fell to his knees gasping for air.

"No Lucy please.. god let them save her"

A nurse ran to his side to make sure he was okay. "We will notify you if anything happens."

Natsu plopped down into the chairs in the waiting room. His hands shakily pulled his phone out. His heart aches at the family photo on his lock screen. He unlocked his phone and searched for Wendy's number. "Natsu-san?" Wendy answered.

"Wendy.. Lucy was in a car accident. She in the ER right now. It was really bad.." Natsu tried to be strong and hold his tears back. "Oh my god do you want me to wake Nashi up and come to the hospital?" Natsu thought for a moment. "Yeah I guess so, car keys are on the counter. Please drive safe." "I will ill see you shortly"

Natsu hung the phone up and hung his head between his knees. He couldn't help but think this was his fault. He was the one who had her come back up to the office. He should've just came home. Natsu quickly wiped his eyes and pulled his phone out to call a few more people.

After about 30 minutes Wendy rushed to Natsu's side with sleeping Nashi's on her hip. "Natsu-san! Is there any news on Lucy?" Wendy asked as Natsu took Nashi in his arms. Nashi snuggled into her fathers warm arms. Natsu kissed her little forehead and sighed.

"The only thing they've told me was they had to rush her into an immediate surgery to try and stop the internal bleeding. Not only that but they have to reset a couple bones that were broken."

Wendy gasped, her eyes slowly filled with tears. "Oh Lucy please be okay, you gotta be okay" Wendy lips quivered as she sat down next to Natsu. Natsu gave her a side hug and let her cry on his shoulder. He tried his best not to cry him self.

"Daddy.. why you and wenny cryin?" Nashi asked as she rubbed her eyes open.

"Oh princess you're up" Nashi looked around and frowned. "Where momma daddy?" Natsu couldn't find his voice to answer and just hugged his daughter tightly. "Daddy.." not even aware of what's going on just sensing bad Nashi started to cry too.

***

Natsu, Wendy, Nashi, Gray, and Levy all lingered around the hospitals waiting room, waiting for news on Lucy. It's been a long 6 hours and they haven't told them much.

"Dragneel?" Natsu jumped up and everyone else's ears perked up. "Yes that's me" a nurse walked over to him and looked at her charts. "Lucy Dragneel your wife?" He nodded.

"Okay, she made it through the surgery and she's in ICU, and she hasn't woken up yet. Immediate family may see her now." Natsu thanked the nurse and every let out a sigh of relief. Natsu looked over at Wendy. "I'll hold onto Nashi while you go see her."