Chapter 7: Do You Hate Me?

Lucy's POV

       "Ahh I'm so tired!" I complained as we walked into the hotel room. I took my shoes off and flopped down on the couch. "If I would've know we had to do so many meeting I totally would have ratted out right then and there."      
        Natsu joked as he sat his wallet and phone on the counter. Slowly making his way over to the couch where he was about to join me, there was a knock on the door. "You can get that, you're still half standing."
         I smirked as he groaned and made his way over to the door. "Who is it?" He asked in an unpleasant voice. "Natsuuuuu!!!!!" That voice, it was high, preppy and sounded like it belonged to a prissy daddy's girl. I made a face as I heard her squealing. 
       Then there she was, tackling Natsu in a hug. Which he just stood and took not moving a muscle.
        She had short white hair, big blue eyes, and from the looks of it id say she used to be a cheerleader in highschool. She got all the boys and way really rich.
        I don't know it was just the way she talked and acted at the moment made me assume such things. "Lisanna , why are you here?" Natsu asked her. "Because silly!! I wanted to see you!!" Natsu gave her a wtf face then spoke up.
        "You're my receptionist you're not suppose to have access to what hotels I'm in, why are you acting as if you mean more to me?" "I may be your receptionist at work.. But" she slurred her words almost trying to be seductive. "On the weekends you can't keep you're hands off me."
         I blinked a few times then swallowed, I should not be listening to this. "Lisanna that was one time and I was drunk, the only reason I even remember is because you wouldn't leave my house the next day." He started to sound aggravated.
          'I knew he went out a lot but he sleeps with women and then just ditches them oh my god' "Natsuuu, why are you acting like this towards me, come on-" she had started like climbing on him but stopped when she looked up and noticed me sitting on the couch.
         My lips were pressed tight, I was trying not to laugh at her Childress actions. "Who the hell is that!?" She asked sounding really angry. "Oh that, that's Lucy Heartfilia my-" she cut him off again.
         "Oh it's that girl that you hate right? The rival company, aren't you trying to buy it out from under her. Why is she even here?" I don't know why but her saying Natsu hated me kind of stung. But what's this about Natsu trying to buy me out from under.. Is that why he's been so nice.. He was just playing me?
          "The hell you talking about Lisanna? I've never said a thing about buying her company, besides that's no fun~" the way he said it made me get all hot. 'What's he getting at here?' I wondered.
       "Anyway Lis, you see I'm marrying Lucy, because I love her, so get the hell out of my hotel room." He said it so cocky and it made me blush like a maniac. "Wha...what, you're getting married I don't understand what?" She kept muttering as Natsu slowly closed the door on her.
        I heard him let a long sigh out before walking back over to me. He sat down but didn't dare look me in the eye. "It's a lie you know, she was just trying to get to you" "which part of it was a lie Natsu? You sleeping with her, the buy me under, you loving and marrying me" I let out a small chuckle of annoyance.
         "Scratch that, I wan I already know the last part was a lie, but still." The way he looked at me when I said those things to him, he almost looked like he was really hurt from what I had said. "I did sleep with her, long ago. I honestly never planned on buying your company, like I said It'd be no fun. And the last part" he paused.
       For some reason, my heart almost ached waiting for his answer. "Well I .. You already know about all this so duh" he sounded disappointed by his own words. I felt disappointed by his words.
        "I'm going to go for a jog.." "I thought your feet hurt from wearing heels all day?" He asked me. "Well now I feel like running, gotta problems with it?" He shook his head. "Mind if I come with you? I could use one as well."    
        'That defeats the purpose of me leavng idiot' "not up to me if you decide to go for a run" I told him as I grabbed some clothes to change into.
         Once I changed I ran out, figured if I wanted to get away from him best to leave while he's changing. But as soon as I opened the door I hear. "Oi Luce wait for me!" This only caused me to run out the room faster. I skipped the elevator and ran down the stairs and out the back exit. This should mix things up a bit.
        'Run' I blinked them back. 'Don't stop' a few escaped. 'Run faster' I kept running till I was at the park again. I finally decided to slow down. I place my hands on my knees and continued to pant, in effort to catch my breath. "Is it rainin'?" I asked my self as I noticed my face was all wet.
       I used the palm of my hand to wipe it off. "Oh.." I realized then. I had been crying the whole run. 'Why' I sat down and hugged my legs close to my chest. 'I don't understand why it hurts' silent tears continued to stream down my face. 'He hates me.. I hate him. So.. So why did he hurt when he said it was all a lie, why.'
         I don't know how long I sat there crying to myself. I could head faint footstep and heavily panting. "Luce *pant* finally I found you * pant* wher- what's wrong! What's happened? Why are you crying!?!" His voice full concern. "It's nothing"
         I felt his presence sit near me, I could feel the warmth radiating off his body. "Why are you lying , there's definitely some thing wrong. Your eyes are puffy, you cheeked are flushed. You're  crying." "Why does it even matter?" I asked him.
         "Because, I don't like seeing you like this" he scratched the back of his head. "I don't know what's going on, or if I do something, I'm sorry, but please stop crying." I wiped my tears then faced him. I opened my mouth slightly to talk but the words couldn't find their way out. I wanted to ask him but there's not point.

"Luce"

       I shook my head to erase my thoughts "eh? What's up?" He took a deep breathe then looked me straight in the eyes. "Do you still hate me?" My eyes opened widely and I feel my heart racing in my chest. Do I hate him, yes parts of me hates him but I don't, I don't hate him. Being around him so closely made me forget the reason.
       Just as I started to say my answer he cut me off. "Ha, well I guess that's that." He stood up chuckling. I grabbed his hand, jumping off the bench, it happened so fast. Me jumping up to stop him, him turning to quickly to see what I needed. Both our eyes wide open, both body tense as a board, and neither of us pressing back. I watched wide eyed as the tension left Natsu's body.
       His eyes slowly closed, his free hand cupped my face. My hand still holding his. His lips now pressing into mine on purpose. My eyes slowly closing, my lips giving in. I kiss back and could feel him smile into the kiss.
       With out breaking we kiss again, again, and again. Each kiss becoming longer and filled with passion. I slowly release his hand and bring both my arms to wrap around his neck. I had a few tears going down my face. 'I hate him' another tear rolled down my face.
          'Do I love him?' I felt a smile tug at my taken at the moment lips. 'What am I doing?' Natsu finally pulls away. Pink written across his entire face. I scooch away from him and look at the ground. I can the heat in face as a sign I'm blushing madly right now. "Hey Luce" I looked up and my eyes meet with his.

  "Do you still hate me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enjoyed writing this chapter💕