•2•

"Ok I've booked the flights. We have 5 hours before the plane. My mother was still at work so I snuck home through the unlocked back door to pack my luggage and clothes.

We walked down the street to the main street and grabbed a taxi.

We sat at the back seat. Elaine had searched up some places for us to stay at. There was an apartment with three rooms for a reasonable price so Elaine had booked it with her card.

I stared out the window of the cab.

I can't believe it. It was finally happening. I was finally escaping hell.

As we arrived at the airport, we passed customs and soon, it was time to board the plane.

We sat together and I put on my earphones. This was my choice. And I wasn't going to regret it.

>>timeskip

The plane had landed. South Korea, I'm finally here.

We collected our luggages. It was currently night time in Korea so we grabbed a cab to our apartment.

Luckily, we had taken Korean classes when we were younger. When my mom wasn't how she is now. She was probably home already, she probably already read the note I left for her that explained my choice.

The cab stopped. Woah, our apartment building looked really grand.

We thanked the driver and settled down in our room.

"So, what's the plan?" Luna asked.

"Well, we can't afford to go to school here. But we can try out fo-" I started.

"SM! JYP! YG!" Elaine shouted in joy.

"Woah chill. I'm thinking SM first. Their building is a few streets down anyway." I said.

"Yay! I really want to join SM." Luna said with joy.

"We have to wear presentable clothes apparently. Walk-in auditions are open till 5pm tomorrow."

"Well in that case, let's get some sleep." I suggested.

"Yeah, we have to have energy tomorrow." Elaine added.

We changed into our pajamas and fell asleep immediately.

The next day...>>

I woke up. It was 12pm! Omo, I scrambled out of bed and shouted at Elaine and Luna.

"Yah! We have to go to the auditions! Wake up!" I yelled.

Elaine sat up slowly. "What? Can't we sleep a while more?"

"Ergh fine. I'll get us some breakfast. When I come back I want both of you to be ready."

"Yes umma." they teased.

I grabbed some cash and went outside. It was cold since it was December so I was shivering but I saw a restaurant so I dashed in.

I bumped into someone on the way in. He was wearing a mask. To block out the cold I guess.

He dropped his food on the floor and it spilled everywhere.

"Omo. Mianhe. I will buy you a new-"

"Its ok, it's ok. It was an accident." He said kindly.

"Oh. If you insist." I bowed and got to buy some waffles from the restaurant. I was sure I'd seen him somewhere. He was so familiar.

I bought the breakfast and returned to the apartment. Elaine and Luna were wearing baggy shirts and pants.