•1•

"ERGH! I HATE YOU!" I yelled and slammed the door behind me.

I stormed onto the streets of my neighbourhood. Damn it. I hated my parents. My dad, all he did was give me money to buy all the things I wanted. But he cheated on my mother with another woman. He didn't care about us at all.

My mother, she was a control freak. She never let me do anything I wanted. She never bought anything for me, forced me to attend tuition after tuition and she never let me eat any good food. Everyday, every meal, it was rice, vegetables and that's it, regardless of our wealth. If she were in a good mood, chicken and soda. If it were a special event, a cup of ice cream.

But that was it. I never got her attention. She was so busy at work, because work was more important than me-.-

Whenever I talked back to her, I would get a slap from her.

**flashback**

If you don't get full marks, you will suffer!" My mom yelled and pushed me out of the house.

I went to school and it was time to get back my Math results.

"Bae Juhyun." My teacher called.

To clear this up, my dad was Korean, my mom was American, but my dad wanted me to have a korean name, so I am known as Bae Juhyun. However for my friends amd teachers, I'm Irene.

I stepped up to collect my results.

On the paper, some words were written.

Irene, I'm sorry, you only got 98. If you have any problems with your mother today, please come to me.~Ms Ellie

Mrs Ellie was my hope. She was the school counsellor that I would approach everytime. I would tell her about my current family conditions.

She and I were very close, considering she was very young. Only 24. I was 17. We had a lot in common and she always knew what to do, due to our small age difference.

She had contacted my teacher and put the note on the paper after she knew I didn't get 100.

Now, the problem. My mother. She expected me to always gets full marks considering all the tuitions I had for Math.

I walked home, preparing myself. Oh wait. I took off the sticky note from the paper and placed it in my pocket. I walked into the house. My mother was on the couch. She knew today was the day, she came home early on purpose.

I was nervous. The last years, she had let me go 'easy'. No food for two days and she she locked me into my room and excused me from school for a whole week. I had no connection to anything for a week and that was just-

I couldn't imagine what would happen now.

She snatched the paper from my hand and smirked. "98..." she muttered. "98!!" she yelled.

I flinched immediately. "YOU ONLY GOT A 98! I WAS TO RAISE A DAUGHTER THAT IS SMART AND HARDWORKING. AND WHAT DO YOU DO? FANGIRL OVER YOUR DAMN IDOLS! THATS IT!" she looked crazy.

She grabbed my wrists, her grip so tight it hurt a lot. But I had beared more, this was nothing.

She brought me to my room and tied me to a chair. Now I was freaking out. All she did was usually punch me and kick me, now? I was freaking out.

She left the room and I was left on the chair, squirming around.

Soon, she returned, with a knife in her hand. She cackled. "This is what you get for being a stupid. Useless. Daughter."

She stepped closer and dragged the knife down my arm.

I bit my lips. No, I could not lose to this woman. It stung so much as I felt hot liquid flow down my arm.

"Fighting eh? No problem." She laughed hysterically.

She kneeled down and drew a deep cut into my calf.

I couldn't take it anymore. "Ahhhh!" I screamed in pain. She cackled and stood up, walking over to my window, locking it close.

"One week. No food, no nothing." She said bluntly, locking the door behind her.

The middle of the room was covered with scarlet red blood. The knife laid at my blood-soaked feet.

I used my toes to fiddle around with it and eventually cut the rope around my feet and I could cut the ropes around my hands too. I stood up, only to splash down in the pool of blood. I couldn't do this. Not again.

My phone. It was sitting on my desk. I reached out my hand. Before it was too late. I reached out and clicked on my recent contacts.

Loonie<3

Luna was my best friend. I needed her. She picked up after the second ring.

"Luna..." I muttered.

"What happened? Oh no, your mother did it again-" She said but I blacked out.

I woke up two days later in Ms Ellie's house. She was a trained doctor too. She had cleared my wounds but I lost a lot of blood so I had to rest. Luna and Elaine were there. Elaine was my other best friend. The three of us knew each other since we were 9. I loved them a lot, they were always there.

They went through the same. Their parnets treated them badly. They didn't suffer as much, but they did self harm at times.

I was blessed to have them. I really was.

**end of flashback**

I was standing in front of Elaine's house. It was a mansion really. Her parents were out on a business trip for two years. She had to rely on herself often. Good thing she was rich. She had more than a million dollars in her bank account.

I felt tears rolling down my face and I knocked on her door.

I heard footsteps as Elaine opened the door.

"Gurl, what happened to you? Was it-"

I nodded. "I want to do something. But you and Luna have to come with me. What I am proposing is insane, but it's something I want to do. I can't take it."

"Yeah, I feel lonely at home. My doctor just diagnosed me with depression because of lack of care and attention." Elaine said.

"Oh no. Well, call Luna, this is about to get interesting." I sighed and sat on the leather couch.

After a while, Luna arrived.

"I heard something about not taking it anymore. Is it what I think it is? Finally?" Luna asked.

I nodded firmly.

"Pack your bags, it's time."