Chapter 21

"April honey I'm about to run to the market to buy some fresh fruits and vegetables" her mother called from outside her bedroom door

"OK mom" she called back.

Just as she expected her mother opened her door and walked in. She turned away from her window to smile at her mother.

"I was hoping you would come with me" said Maggie

"I'm not really feeling up to it mom" she said honestly.

"Sweetheart its been over three months. You only come out of your room to shower and eat. You haven't been out of the house unless it's to go for checkups. That's not healthy for you or the baby" Maggie complained

"Fine OK. I'll just change into something cooler I'm feeling a bit warm in this outfit" April replied

"Your cute spring dress with the sunflower print would be a good choice" said Maggie

"OK thanks mom" she replied. She reached into her closet and took the dress off the hanger and  quickly changed.

Maggie gave her a beaming smile as they headed down the stairs and out to the van.

"Your hair needs a touch up and mine needs a trim. Let's stop at the salon and see if Lexy can fit us in" said Maggie

"Leave it to you to make this into girl's day out the first day I agree to go out with you" April replied

"I'll make use of the time while I have it with you. The next day I ask you might say no" said Maggie sending her a wink.

April smiled and shook her head. She knows her mom is right. Staying locked up in the house wasn't good for her or her baby. She placed her hand over her growing baby bump and sighed. Its been over three months since she moved back home. For the first three weeks Johnathan called everyday, day and night and she rejected his call every single time. The second month she had changed her number and stop using her email address. She hasn't heard from him since.

Occasionally when she started missing him she would go downstairs when everyone was asleep and search for the newspaper. To her surprise there hasn't been a single photo of him. She would use the payphone outside the doctors office to call Hailey but she kept the calls short.

"You're thinking about him again aren't you?" Asked Maggie

April tried  to smile but failed miserably.

"You know you have to tell him he's going to be a father right? Despite what's happened between you two your baby does deserve to have a father" said Maggie

"I know mom. I just don't know how to coparent with the man I'm in love with but don't want to be with" April replied

"OK one thing at a time. Let's go get our hair done"

April and her mother walked into the salon and greeted the other local women that are there for their appointments.

"So April do you know what you'll be having yet?" Asked Lexy

"No not yet I'm only fourteen weeks into my pregnancy. I still have a little time left to wait before I can know for sure" April replied

"You're positively glowing. Pregnancy suites you" another woman piped in.

"Thanks ladies" she replied

After getting her hair recolored she sat under the dryer while looking through a magazine. She came up on a picture of Johnathan at the mayor's ball.  Her heart skipped a beat and she felt her eyes tear up. She ran a finger over his face and the tears spilled over.

"Are you alright honey?" Asked Maggie as she reached out and help April's hand.

"Yea. Just these pregnancy hormones" April replied wiping her tears away with her finger.

"Maybe that's it. Or its a natural reaction to seeing that picture you're trying to hide from me" said Maggie taking the magazine that April had quickly closed.

"I just didn't expect to see his picture that's all." April replied

"I know. And believe me if your father had a say in this he would have hidden that magazine. The same way he goes through the newspaper every morning and remove the pages with Jonathan's picture" said Maggie sending her a sympathetic smile.

"Dad does that?" April asked

"Yes. We knew you wouldn't talk to Johnathan but you're in love with him honey. Naturally you'd still try to check up on him. We hear you sneaking down at night to go get the paper" Maggie replied

"Mom" said April covering her mother's hand in hers.

"You'll get through this honey. Now come on let Lexy comb out your curls so we can go"

They left the hair solan and went to the local market. While helping her mother to pick up fruits and vegetables she ran into an old friend from highschool.

"Dave! I haven't seen you since I left for college" said April giving him a hug.

"I know. Its so good to see you. I heard you were home but not taking visitors" he replied sending Maggie a smile.

"Mom I should have known you has something up your sleeves" said April smiling at her mother.

"I had to do something to get you out of the house." Maggie replied

"You look amazing though April. You have to come have lunch with me. And don't worry Mrs. Edwards I'll take good care of them" said Dave looking from April to her stomach.

"Well I guess I have no choice in this. So let's go" said April

Dave took her hand saying he was making sure she doesn't slip on the fruits and vegetables that had fallen on the ground and got crushed. They walked to one of her favorite restaurants a block over talking catching up about their lives. April noticed he didn't ask anything about the baby or the father and she was sure her mother had adviced him against it.

"So before we go in I need to warn you. A bunch of other people from highschool are waiting inside. You ready?" He asked

"Yea let's do this" April replied

Dave reaches out and pulled her into a hug. She hugged him back and smiled realizing being home was exactly what she needed. She opened her eyes and gasped when she saw Johnathan come out of the hotel next door and stood staring at her. She pulled away from Dave and she saw the minute Jonathan's stare dropped to her stomach. Instinctively she put her over her stomach and Dave put his hand around her and pulled her to him. Jonathan's gaze moved to Dave and hardened.

"Hey are you OK April?" He asked

"Yea I think so" she replied looking at him.

She turned to look back at Johnathan but he wasn't standing there anymore.

************************************

Please remember to vote! Click on the star and vote!

THIS STORY IS COMPLETED! SO IS ALL THE OTHERS IN THE BILLIONAIRE SERIES!

DO NOT MESSAGE ME SAYING I LIED ABOUT IT BEING COMPLETED!! 

READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BEGINNING!

THANK YOU.