Chapter 20

"April open up please!" Johnathan yelled while banging on the door

All he could hear were her gut wrenching sobs coming from inside the room. He closed his eyes and wish he could close his ears against the sound.

You stupid idiot. cosa ho fatto.

His thoughts mocked him and screamed at him.

"April bambino, please" he kept on knocking.

He stepped back shock when she threw the door open. He face transformed by anger and hurt.

"Do you love me?" She asked

"April you know I care about you" he replied

"I ask you a question. Do you love me?"

"April...please"

"Did you sleep with her?"

"I was angry and hurt. I thought you wanted someone else"

He reached for here but she pulled back from his touch.

"It didn't mean anything, I promise you it didn't"

He didn't see it coming. The sound of her hand connecting with his face in a cold hard slap echoed through the otherwise quiet hallway.

"I gave myself to you. I trusted you! I shared the most intimate part of me with you and you threw it back in my face. You hurt me!" She screamed at him.

"I didn't mean to" he replied in a hoarse voice.

"You have reminded me of exactly why I haven't given myself to a man until now. But you're even worse. You made me believe that you cared" she said brokenly.

"I did. I do care about you"

"Go to hell!"

She reached down for her bag and that's when he noticed she had obviously packed. She went to walk by him and desperation sailed through him just as the door next door opened and Hailey ran out.

"Please don't go!" She said throwing her hands around.

"I have to" April replied hugging her

"No you don't. You can still stay here. You have me. I wanted you to be my mom please don't go, please" she begged. Sobs making her whole body tremble.

"I can't stay Hailey. I'll call you everyday I promise" April replied burrying her face in his daughters hair.

"Why can't we hang out anymore?" Hailey asked

"Sweetheart I'm moving back home to my family. I'm leaving for the airport right now" April replied

Hailey pulled away to stare at April in disbelief.

"But you can't go" she begged

"I'm sorry" April replied

She began to walk away but Hailey chased her and threw her hand around her waist. Fresh sobs escaped April's lips. She looked at Jason who had joined them inl the hallway. She sent him a pleading glance. He pulled Hailey to him and sent April a sad smile as she rushed off to the elevator.

"I'm sorry Hailey" said Johnathan

"ti odio!" She yelled at him.

He flinched at her words. She ran into her room and slammed the door.

"She doesn't mean that. She's just upset" said Jason

"How could I have made such a big mistake. How am I ever going to fix this. April will never forgive me" he murmured.

"Then you're a even bigger idiot if you don't at least try" Jason replied

"I don't know what to do" he replied shaking his head

"Brother you're a genius in the world of business you take the biggest risks but in matters of the heart you're a coward" said Jason.

"I don't need this right now" Johnathan replied

"Well you need to. Do you know what a big risk she took on you? She saw all your fauts, heard all the bad things, read it in the tabloids and still she took a chance on you. She knows how things would look if it got around the company that you guys are involved because of the whole mixing business with pleasure thing but she cared enough to risk it. She took a chance on you, it's your turn to take a chance on her" said Jason

He watched his brother walk away from him leaving him standing alone in the hallway.

"Oh there you are. I've been looking all over for you. Come join me in my room for a night cocktail" said the redhead

"No thanks Vivian. I think I'm just going to turn in for the night" he replied

"Is there anything I can do to change your mind?" She said running her hands up his chest to wrap them around his neck.

Johnathan stood there and he felt nothing. The previous attraction he felt for her was gone. He looked down at her face as she stated up at him seductively.

"I promise to make it worth your while" she purred

"I'm in love. Dio mio how did I not realize this sooner" he whispered to himself

"You're in love with me?" She said incredulously

"What?" He said looking at her as if just remembering she's there. "No I'm not in love with you. I'm in love with someone else"

"What!?" She replied with an appalled expression

"Vivian not right now OK. I need to clear my head. I hope you enjoy your stay here"

He walked away with his hands in his pockets feeling defeated. He walked around senselessly then ended up at the bar downstairs, drinking shots after shots of brandy.

A young blonde came and sat on the stool next to him and smiled up at him. She looked to be no more than twenty years old, twenty one the most.

"Hi I'm Amy" she said

"Hi Amy. What are you drinking tonight?" He replied

"I think I'll have a Gin and tonic" she said

He gave the bartended her order then handed it to her. He rose from his stool and reached for his jacket that he had thrown on the counter.

"Aren't you going to stay and keep me company?" She asked suggestively

"Amy. It is Amy right?..listen kid you don't want to get involved with a man like me. I'm just going to ruin you life believe me ask every woman I've ever turned my charms on" he replied

"I'm willing to take my chances" she said

"You seem like a nice young woman. Find yourself a man that will love you the way you deserve" he replied

"Hey" she called after him as soon as he walked away. "You're not as bad as you think you are. You'll be alright. Thanks for the drinks"

After sending her a curt nod he walked away.