Chapter 4

"Suddenly getting a job at McDonald's doesn't sound so bad" April groaned kicking off her shoes and collapsing on her couch

She picked up the remote and switched the channel from the news to Hallmark then walked into the kitchen to make a quick sandwich. On her way out of the kitchen she grabbed a bag of plain lays to go with her sandwich and a bottle of water from the fridge.

She was halfway through the movie and really starting to enjoy it when her phone rang. She checked and saw Gerald's name pop up on the screen.

"Hey babe" she answered

"Babe I need a quick favor. I need you to wire me some money tonight OK?" He said

April pulled the phone away from her ear then looked at it wondering if she just hears him correctly.

"I'm sorry did you just ask me to wire you some money?" She asked.

"Come on babe don't be like that" he begged her

"You're a real jerk sometimes Gerald. First you blow me off for dinner, then you call asking for money? Bye" She yelled into the phone then hit the end button.

She reached for her can of soda on the small table in front of her and took a swig then started grumbling when her phone started ringing again.

"Gerald I said I'm not sending you any money. I have none to send anyway because I just started my job. And besides shouldn't I be asking you for money I'm the female here but instead you're always asking me for money. I'd like to be spoiled sometimes too just so you know." She yelled

"I'm sure Gerald would be feeling quite remorseful and beg for your forgiveness right not. I on the other hand just received an earful of something very pitiful"

Came a deep voice laced with sarcasm. His Italian accent set the sound of his voice apart from any other man she has ever known. She dropped her phone the shrieked in panic. She could hear him saying something so she slowly picked up the phone and brought it back to her ears.

"Hello" she said

"Ms. Edwards did you just scream and drop the phone?" He asked

"I'm sorry sir I just didn't expect you to be calling that's all" she replied