Chap 27: Alone

I uploaded a video on bullying. I hope it gives a good message.

Zaid's POV

I was in my room ,bouncing the football off the wall repeatedly. I was thinking of Maya. I have heard of Walid sir from dad but never ever knew he was the father of Maya. I knew he was dead ,dad always talked of how good he was. I learnt he lost his wife when Maya was born which meant Maya never saw her mom. I felt so sad for her. I was too rude to treat her badly. She deserved friendship ,she needed care and love ,all I could give her is hurt. I am such an arrogant human. As I was preoccupied with my own thoughts, my phone rang. I got hold of the ball and dropped it to the floor before picking up my phone and then looked at the caller ID.

Trevor.

I answered the call.

"Hey dude,whazzup?"

"Good,u buddy?" he asked.

"Well, except the internship, good,"

"Why? It's your Dad's place, it should be more fun and relaxing,"

"You think? This gives dad the chance to keep an eye on me and to assign me with loads of work,"

"Lol, your dad is being dad,"

"Hmm...but my partner is brilliant. She does a lot and I do not have to worry much. I don't regret working here,"

"You mean Maya?" he asked and chuckled. I told him and Mark about her being with me at the internship.

"Yeah, she is good. I want to tell you something by the way. It's about her,"

"So ,are you planning to ridicule her? I am with you,"

I rolled my eyes. Seriously, he still is the same even though I told him that we should stop our immoral bully character.

"Trevor. Please stop this. It is not smart. I realized it and now you should too,"

"You are turning boring Zaid,"

"She is an orphan. Don't you think its horrible?"

"If she wasn't an orphan, would it be not horrible?"

"Are you mocking me?"

"No...well,if I bully her,you try to protect her,okay? She is your new crush," he said. I could tell he was suppressing a laugh.

"Shut up,"

"Alright, I will listen to you brother. No harming Maya but I can trick others if I want to,"

"You know you..." I could not complete because he interrupted.

"Gosh Zaid ,be quiet and listen to me,"

"What?" my voice sounded tired and it was his fault.

" I think I have feelings for this girl,"

"Okay, go on," I said while laughing, " so you called to tell me this,"

"Yes,not to listen to your boring lecture on anti-bullying,"

"Hmm"

"What 'hmm'?! ,I am planning to propose her to be my girlfriend and I need your help,"

"So ,who is this unfortunate lady?"

"Shut up!"

I laughed hard. Trevor had two girlfriends before. I don't know how long this would last.

" Amanda,from geography class . Remember her ,we were in the same section last semester,"

I brushed my hair with my fingers and listened to Trevor who was into complimenting Amanda and why he likes her. I was just agreeing with him with a 'hmm' and did not pay too much attention as my mind was preoccupied with thoughts on Maya. Allah! I wish I could erase all the mess. I wish I never hurt her. After like ten minutes, realizing Trevor talks a lot like a woman,I told him that I have to hang up.