Chap 13: Clash

edited

Maya's POV

I was standing on the same spot, thinking of a way to get rid of both. Farhan kept that smirk on his face as he approached me. We were never on good terms and I didn't want us to be.

"Hello sweetheart" he said and the blood in my veins boiled.

"Don't call me that" I said with my teeth gritted due to anger.

"Not call you what sweetheart" he was teasing me with that ugly grin on his face.

My eyes focused far to see him. Zaid had the same angry expression. He concentrated in my direction in a way ,I wonder if some pickpocketer stole something from him,he will be unaware. I think if I walk with Farhan by my side,I could escape Zaid's ridicule. Later,I will leave Farhan.

"Yuuhoo" Farhan waved his hand in front of me so that I snap out of my introversion.

"What are you thinking sweetheart?" he asked.

"Nothing," I shook my head.

" Well,I heard from your uncle that he told you about our future goals. You get it,you and me....and later we will add kids to the picture" he laughed with humour as if he was in love and talking to the woman he wanted to grow old with. I was thinking the opposite, never felt so much to throw up my half digested food on him. But my stomach held up its contents and I couldn't do so. I just gave a disgusted look on his direction and tilted my head to see Zaid again.

"What are you looking at?" He turned behind before looking at me again.

"Nothing" I shook my head.

"Well then, let's go for coffee." He offered and I did not like it. I have to be positive towards him because it was the only method to get passed Zaid who was standing on my way.

"Let's go" I sighed desperately.  My eyes were kept low as we walked. I was scared to meet his eyes. He didn't dare to say any word or show off some action when we walked near to him.I didn't have the courage to look at him. I never did even after I entered Farhan's car. I took my seat; beside the driving seat and looked at the interior. It has been a long time that I have entered a private car. The last journey was with my father to school in our car.My lawyer sold it and kept the money in the bank account for me after my father's death.

"Well Zaid,you have to take the back seat." I heard Farhan say. Whaaaat! I think I have lost myself into some nightmare. This is not actually happening or is it? My reflex actions made my head move to look at Zaid who took the back seat. My mouth opened automatically and to that,he smirked.

Farhan started the engine and began to drive. As soon as the car moved onto the main road,Farhan started introducing us,well he doesn't know Zaid and I were cool with each other already. Actually no, I don't want to be sarcastic at a time like this.

"Maya,meet Zaid. He is the son of the PA of our textile industry,Ali Rahman. Remember him,he was a good friend to your father. Maybe not,you were a kid." He said.

"I can't remember." I said.

Farhan kept on rambling more whereas I was sighing mentally in relief since they were not here to fight me. Their relation was business. I thought they both came to avenge. I have no idea why I thought like that.

"I found him walking in the park,so I thought about bringing him along so he would know you too sweetheart." He continued and I didn't say anything until..

"Meet my fiancé Zaid. She is Maya,the one I told you about," he said in a cheerful tone.

"I AM NOT YOUR FIANCÉ !! NOT YOUR SWEETHEART EITHER!!" my voice was too loud.I yelled at him.