Chap 12: Library

edited

Dedicated to all of you,thank you for reading and keeping this book in your library :) ;)

Zaid's pov

Three days from today,I will start another study life. It's so hectic, I  wonder when this will end. I always wondered who founded these education systems. Yes,education is good but before people lived happier lives without earning the spectacular grades. Thank God,I have stamina to work for good results. But inside,I am tired. I told Dad this and he gave a long lecture about life and its rules. 

Mom and dad brought me home and these two days over here were no different from the days spent at the hospital. Dad would show me a stern mood and mom will scold me for keeping even one toe on the floor.I was feeling better and I believed I can walk. Mom being mom does not allow me.The only chance I got was when I had to use the washroom. To hit the walls of my ego,they appointed Mark and Trevor to help me take a shower. Yes ,I am being honest. It is not as hilarious as those boys think,they would try not to ignore my flesh by first spraying colour paints to get me stinky. They sure got the advantage of my vulnerability right now. Mom doesn't know about this. I moved my body to a sitting position and kept the book on the table next to my bed.

Okay mom,this is it. Don't hinder me today or else by the time classes commence, I will forget how to walk!

I opened my closet just to select a tee to change before stepping out of my room. I creeped down stairs to escape mom's eyes and ears. I thought I could go away with my tiptoe talent. Guess who I confronted?!

"Hello dad" I bit my lower lip,not trusting where my nervousness will carry me.

"Where are you going,may I know?!" He asked being angry at seeing me come out of my room. Dad didn't talk any softer since the day I got involved in a pathetic accident.

"I was heading to.." I couldn't finish because my mom came to us.

"What happened Zaid dear? Haven't I told you not to give your legs stress. You should have called me if you needed some thing." She said in her worried voice.

"Can I have a bag of fresh air mom?" I said something that was next to impoliteness. Don't blame me only. They make me stay at home all time. I wanted to move out and feel the breeze,see the sky,watch the trees shedding their winter leaves and warn any kid playing on the road to be conscious and aware of road accidents. No one wants to go through the consequences I have had these two weeks!

"Mind your words mister! Remember this was all your fault and you even have the courage to say that" he rebuked.I hopedom will save me from him like she always did. I looked at mom and my sweet mommy smiled. I knew what was coming. My mind began to jump in triumph.

"Honey let him go out,he needs it." She told and then took hold of my hands. I became happy but her question exasperated me. "Do you want me to ask Mark and Trevor to come to go along with you?"she asked. If they came, Mom will find Zaid burger at delivery for dinner.

"No mom,I will be fine. No worries, I promise." I affirmed but do you think mom would believe me. She asked dad to take me and my lungs knew my dad will inhale the air before I could breath in,so why need of going out for fresh air!

Dad,please say NO.

"I have to go and complete my tasks. Ask Joseph." He spoke in a bored tone before going out. Today ,my father spent his day at home despite it was no weekend. He had to finish the final touches of work and he thinks home is the best zone to finish it calmly. Joseph was our security guard. I told him to stay and not come with me. He will inform mom this later. I needed some personal space,so I will go alone.