Chapter 26: A day

"Leslie, jump on my back." Jess instructed, grinning from ear to ear when he stopped from proceeding to cross to the other side of the bridge.

Leslie looked at him with a puzzled expression. "Uh why?"

"C'mon, just do it."

May Belle, Dylan and Joyce Ann watched as Leslie go up the log and then prepare herself to jump on Jess's back. He looked rather very confident.

Leslie then jumped herself off the log, got on Jess's back, and just as she was about to say – "OK, so what now..." –, Jess dashed straight across to the other side and continued on to run to their stronghold, with Leslie quickly wrapping her arms around him to prevent herself from falling off.

     The other three soon followed behind and found Jess and Leslie playing, Jess constantly trying to hug Leslie while she would run away from him, laughing. May Belle and Dylan found this adorable and so, May Belle threw her arms around Dylan's neck and he reacted the same way Leslie was, except he turned around and lifted her from the ground, making May Belle burst into giggles.

Meanwhile, Joyce Ann climbed into the stronghold and sat out, watching the older teenagers having fun, chasing each other and being so lovey dovey. Even her sister and Dylan were acting like kids who were boyfriend and girlfriend. She crossed her arms and gave a sigh.

"I wish I have a boyfriend too..."

At her tender age, she didn't know the meaning of a 'boyfriend', nor did she know what it meant to have one either. To her, a boyfriend was a boy who plays with her all day and keeps her company. Surrounded with everyone having either a girlfriend or a boyfriend, she found it odd how she was the only one who didn't have a boyfriend.

She went down from the stronghold and approached Jess who at the moment had Leslie in his arms.

"I want a boyfriend!" She declared enthusiastically.

Jess and Leslie looked at her, their smiles slowly fading although Leslie's was quickly replaced by an amused expression. May Belle fell over and giggled while Dylan tried to hide his laugh by clamping his hand to his mouth. Leslie used the chance and wiggled out of Jess's hold, waltzing over to Joyce Ann and bent down to see her eye to eye.

     "You want a boyfriend, Joyce?" Joyce Ann nodded repeatedly. Leslie smiled and continued. "Like me and Jess? With those kissing and stuff." She asked for confirmation.

     Joyce Ann scrunched her nose up and showed a disgusted expression as if she had just seen something revolting. "No, of course not! I don't want to be kissing a boy! Eww!"

     Leslie laughed, standing back up and patted the little girl's head. "Do you wanna do something?" She knew that the girl was just bored from watching the rest of them having fun while she was just sitting above, watching them. And when she said boyfriend, she probably had the idea that it meant a friend who was a boy and constantly plays with you, something similar to May Belle's and Dylan's relationship although by now she was pretty sure that things were developing into something even more without the two knowing.

    "Yeah, I wanna do something!" Joyce Ann exclaimed and looked at her brother who now had a relieved expression. "Jess, let's do something!"

Jess walked over to her and kneeled down on the ground, his back facing her and gestured for her to ride on him, just like how they always used to back then. "Come on," he said, smiling. She smiled and jumped on his back and wrapped her arms around his neck, Jess's arms supporting her from falling.

     With Jess occupied with entertaining his little sister, Leslie was left to hang with the younger teenagers for a while. She had noticed that the two barely had any space when together, and they would from time to time, bump shoulders and sometimes even hold hands for no complete reason. Leslie looked in front, Jess entertaining Joyce Ann as he hopped a few times for her to have fun. She couldn't help but smile, thinking that some day, Jess was going to be good father to his kids.