Chapter 10: After party

Jess stared emptily at the set of empty glasses in front of him with girls he didn't recognize sitting around him. He drank another and then groaned. The music was so loud that he was beginning to get a headache from it. He closed his eyes and leaned back on the couch.

     "Enjoying the party?"

     Jess opened his eyes groggily and looked up to the owner of the voice. It was Sean Martin, that guy who was hosting this after party. Just a few hours before all of this, Sean invited everyone to come to celebrate graduating from school. Jess thought that he might as well join the party since he had nothing to do back at home.

     "It's a cool party, bro." Jess raised his glass to him and drank again, gaining a laugh from Sean before he disappeared into the crowd.

     Everyone was probably in this party, judging by the familiar faces in the crowd. He looked around his surroundings. They were at the pool side at the lounge. Girls and guys were taking off their shirts just to jump into the pool and some were kissing unabashedly one another. The thought of Leslie made him drink another glass.

     "Oh Aarons..." a sultry voice called. He looked at the girl who was obviously trying to seduce him. "How would you like if we go to another room?" She came closer to him and whispered, "just..the..two..of us."

     He turned away and sighed, indicating that he was not in the least bit interested with the girl. The girl looked taken aback by his rejection for a second and then jumped up from the sofa and stomped away. Looks like she didn't handle rejection well. Jess knew that girl. She was one of the popular girls in school, to be more precise, one of the school sluts. The girl practically slept with anyone she liked and the boys? They didn't care as long as they slept with a hot girl.

Noticing that there were only a few glasses left, he told the girl to get another set which she obediently did. Tonight was going to be a great night, he told himself in his mind. Since it was his last day in Lark Creek, he might as well just break the rules. His dad told him he could do anything tonight and come home anytime as a reward for graduating. Lame, but Jess felt quite relieved after hearing that from his father. At least he didn't have to stay at home being mopey about everything.

     When the girl came back with the drinks, he poured the alcohol into it and then stood up, raising the glass to everyone. "Fuck school!" He yelled and the crowd erupted into cheers. He slurped the alcohol and then yelled again.

Mean while, Leslie was on her way to the party herself. Caitlyn had invited her not long after graduation ended and when she back at home. First she didn't want to go, thinking that Jess would be there and all it was still so awkward between them. She hadn't spoken a word to him since after his confession last night and she hadn't even congratulated him for graduating.

It came as a surprise to her when she found Caitlyn at the foot of her doorstep that evening. She didn't even know how she got her address but somehow, she managed to convince Bill and Judy to let her go to the party. She didn't even have the chance to decline the invitation because Caitlyn just literally dragged her inside her car and drove off into the night.

"Where are we going again...?" Leslie asked with a sigh as Caitlyn drove past houses that looked similar to the Perkins Place, comparing by size that is.

"To Damien's house! Everyone's like there tonight, like seriously everyone and their like saying it's the coolest party like ever."

     Leslie couldn't help but cringe at Caitlyn's use of the word 'like'. She was still wondering how Caitlyn managed to graduate..

     "Hm..." she looked past the windows and then realized that she wasn't in the appropriate attire. Slutty, that's what it was.

     "Wait, I'm in my pajamas." She informed her, embarrassed that she was going to walk out with only jogging pants and a shirt with the home slippers and all. She tugged her shirt and pouted. "I can't go out like this..."