Chapter 20: Cliché

A few hours after the night, Jess woke up to the touch of Leslie's hand holding his and he quickly became fully awake after seeing her face. He slowly shifted his position to his side so he could see her at a better angle and then grinned, trying to hold in a laugh when she made a snoring sound. It was always refreshing to know that she had some embarrassing secrets, and one was that she would snore sometimes. He continued to stare at her for a few more seconds.

"Jess, I can feel you staring at me." Leslie informed him with a soft laugh, opening her right eye and looking at him.

"Well that's because you just snored."

"No," Leslie said and then paused, looking up to the ceiling thoughtfully and then closing her eyes to think harder. "OK so maybe there is a possibility that you were staring because I was," she winked and came closer to him. "Theoretically speaking, 'snoring'."

     Jess sat up, leaning against the headboard, lifted an eye brow and said, "don't you like me staring?"

     Leslie sat up and neared her face close to his. "Who said I didn't like it?" She grinned and then pulled him into a long and gentle kiss.

After last night, Jess had never felt so alive than before. Although it didn't half go the way he expected it to, he understood Leslie's reasoning and told her that he'd be able to wait. After all, everyone's first time is important and special. They spent the night together on the same bed, cuddling and kissing, as well as talking about college and life. Pretty much like everyday life except they would be cuddling and kissing.

After half an hour later, Leslie broke the kiss and informed him that they were supposed to be going out later with the group which Jess wasn't notified until now.

"How come I didn't know about this?"

"Well you were too busy with Amelia and avoiding me. I did tell Amelia last night when she called so she knows all of us are going out today."

Jess became quiet for a while and then looked guilty. "Did uh.. you know," he looked at the side and started tugging on the sheet. "Did she say anything about last night?"

"Funny story!" Leslie chuckled and then grinned, backing her face away from his a few inches. "She told me what happened the other night when you came back all upset and using some colorful language." Jess stiffened and looked even more guilty. "I'm kinda proud of you though, being able to resist that offer, especially with Amelia."

"It just felt wrong, you know? I felt like I was taking advantage of her." Jess responded with a sigh.

"That makes the two of us. I sorta took advantage of her feelings for you, too."

"We're bad friends." Jess joked with a chuckle.

"But we can also be the best ones too." Leslie grinned and then gave him a quick kiss before going off the bed.

Jess took her hand. "What are you doing?"

"We're supposed to go out in an hour. I'm just going to take a bath." She replied plainly.

"I'll come with." He smiled.

Leslie snorted and then threw a pillow from his bed to his face. "No way." She took her clothes from the closet and then entered the bathroom, locking it a few seconds later after turned on the shower.

The group had gone to the movies to see The Spectacular Now due to the girls's request for having to watch a romance film for once since all the movies they had watched for the past few months together had been nothing but action films and dirty comedy.