Chapter 3: It's out

Mouths dropped in an instant when Jess suddenly pulled Leslie and kissed her.

Jess broke off the kiss and looked at Dave as if it was nothing.

"Now as you have just seen, that meant that Leslie's my girl," he lowered his voice and wrapped his arm around her waist with her facing his chest. "That means she's taken." And with that he grabbed her hand and left the room.

Leslie was still processing what happened in the room earlier so she wasn't able to speak for a few minutes. After her mind settled, she widened her eyes and inhaled sharply. "oh my god." She said dramatically.

"Did you kiss me in front of our classmates just now?"

"Yeah." Jess answered blandly.

    As soon as he said that, Leslie smacked him in the arm. ("Owww!") "What was that for?"

    "You kissed me earlier, in front of everyone." Leslie stated and then hit him again.

     "OK, what did I do this time?" Jess questioned as he rubbed his arm.

     "Now your so-called 'fan girls' will attack me." She air quoted the fan girls part and groaned before striding in front of Jess and heading to the cafeteria.

    "Oh c'mon, Leslie. I'm sure it can't be that bad to be my girlfriend."

    Leslie looked over her shoulder and gave a look in disbelief.

    "Do you hear yourself?"

    "You know girls are actually dying to be my girlfriend!" Jess stated and then paused after repeating the words back in his head. "Yeah, OK, that sounded bad..." He sighed and caught up with Leslie.

    When they settled into their seats up the hill, Caitlyn joined them and started talking about how there's a rumor going on that Jess has a new girlfriend in school.

    Jess and Leslie exchanged looks with one another. The rumor must be about him and Leslie.

"So, Jess, who's your new girl?" Caitlyn asked innocently.

"Well it's actually-- Oww!" Leslie had kicked him right on the ankle when he was about to say her name.

Leslie narrowed her eyes at him before turning back to look at Caitlyn who was puzzled at his sudden shriek. "Oh I'm sure it's just a rumor, Caitlyn." She said sweetly and drank her juice after.

     "Oh well. Jess-see is known to be a heartbreaker anyways. Sooo I feel kinda bad for this girl of his."

"Oh is he really?" Leslie sudden took interest in the topic.

"Yeah! He's had like lots of girls here now." Caitlyn informed her like some kid.

Leslie looked at Jess and slurped the juice with the straw noisily as Caitlyn told her about the relationships that Jess had before. "So, who exactly was his longest girlfriend?" She asked slowly.

"Sonia Tylers. They dated for like a year."

"Mmm... A year huh..?"

Jess felt like Leslie was interrogating him or something under her stare. He gave a sheepish smile which she just smiled back at.

    "Well, I'm sure that new girl of his will do just fine," Leslie said and looked at Jess with a grin. "Won't she, Jess?"

    "Yeah." He croaked, receiving giggles from the two girls.

"But Leslie," Caitlyn started. "Aren't you jealous?" She asked, tilting her head. "I mean I've noticed how you and Jess look at each other."

Both of their faces turned red at Caitlyn's sudden statement. Jess always thought that Caitlyn was dumb and dense, so why was she able to 'notice' that between them? Heck, he didn't even know that she knew the word notice until now. He looked at Leslie who still had her smile.