Twelve| Difficulty

Twelve| Difficulty

"They what?!" I winced, cringing backwards in my bed. A soft frown planted on my lips as I stared at my computer screen. Three shocked faces frozen on my laptop. A moment of silence passed by until finally, Riley burst.

"Maya! You got juice!" She coughed out a laugh. Emily leaned closer into the screen, pushing her twin aside to take a closer look at me.

"Even so, Maya doesn't look to happy about it." Emily commented sour-fully. I sighed, cuddling my heart eyes emoji pillow further into my stomach. All of this was giving me a stomach ache.

"I don't understand why your stressing over two hot guys fighting for you. You sure are blessed, sweetie." Kyle winked. I shook my head.

"N-no! You don't understand.. I.. I don't know. I don't know–."

"You don't know your proper feelings for both males so you came to us for some sort of advice but Riley and Kyle are two idiots who are wondering when your gonna get laid." Emily poker faced dryly. Riley and Kyle glared at Emily.

"Shut up, Emily!!" They growled in unison. My frown deepened, staring at my keyboard. This isn't good. What does it matter? Why can't I just.. get this off mind and pretend it never happened?

"Because you can't just brush off your feelings Maya. You can act like you feel nothing but your feelings won't leave you alone." Emily sighed. Oh god did I say that out loud? Or .. is she a mind reader? 

"Yes I'm totally a mind reader Maya." Emily face palmed. I blushed, sending her a scowl.

"Fine, Emily has a point Maya. Who do you feel for the most? Is it Braden or Alec? Who makes you feel the most special? The one who gets your heart pounding. The one who you feel deep in your heart and soul is the one." Kyle leaned back in his office chair.

I made a stern look. Without a doubt I.. I like Alec. But he's a jerk! He doesn't like me! He just wants to toy with me and fuck with my feelings. And Braden.. why? Why can't I love him? He's so sweet and kind but.. Alec.

"May." His hoarse voice tingling into my ears.

No! No! No! Bad Maya. He doesn't like you. He doesn't want you. He just wants to get in your pants.

"I know!" Riley burst up from her seat, startling Emily which made her lose her balance and fall off her chair. Riley glanced at her twin who shamefully laid on the floor and sent her a devilish smirk. "Hmph, that's what you get snitch." Emily death glared at Riley and slowly rose back up to take a seat.

"How about we get Maya to go on a date with both guys! And then maybe she'll know who she wants." Riley bubbled. Emily opened her mouth, ready to say how much of a bad idea that was until Kyle rose from his chair and declared,

"Yes! That's a great idea! By the end of Friday I just know Maya will have an answer! Alright well end of discussion, goodnight everyone." Kyle grinned wide.

"Wait Kyle!" Before I could even say anything else, Kyle's screen went black. I whimpered. Oh no.

"Riley, look I don't–."

"Don't worry Maya, Kyle and I will have everything prepared for your date. We'll do all the dirty work." She winked, her screen turning pitch black. I was left alone in my room, staring off into space. No. I have to go on a date with two guys?! I've never even been on one! What am I suppose to wear? How am I suppose to act? Ugh. I slammed my laptop shut, shoving it away and burying my face into my emoji pillow.

My stomach hurts.. I sighed, staring at the picture of my brother.

Alec.. that kiss. I didn't wanna tell Riley, Kyle nor Emily.. They'll only overreact like that did now. I took a deep breath, laying my cheek on the pillow and my eyes staring out my window into the starry sky.