Three| A Cute Stranger

His Nerd~ Three

A cute stranger~

~•~

I chewed on the top of the pencil. Thinking of the all questions I could've asked him. I had the chance and I missed it. Like: why did he get so angry when the teacher yelled at me? I mean, sure, it was the first time the teacher has yelled at me, but still. It was non of his business.

Or why he wanted my number.

I sighed, slamming the pencil on the counter table and walking around it. I was at the library. I volunteered to work here since no one else wanted to participate.

I began to pick up leftover books left on the table, my mind dozing off.

He sure has grown. He's wide and all muscle. I blushed lightly. But I didn't care. I bet by tomorrow he's going to have forgotten all about me and all the girls are going to be swooning over him. If only they knew the real him they would all be at least ten feet away from him.

"I'll bring someone to– oh! Maya! Come, please."

"Huh?" I swiftly turned my head to find Ms. Lakes grinning brightly at me, waving for me to come over. Her dark rectangular glasses on the bridge of her nose.

She was very young for a librarian. Twenty-six. Flawless tan skin and a nice slim body. She was perfect. Some guys would only really come to the library to check her out which I found disgusting but I couldn't blame them. She looked like a Hispanic super model.

I smiled, slowly making my way over to her so I wouldn't drop any books.

"This is.. uh.." Ms. Lakes face twisted questioningly as she looked at a boy about my age.

"Braden." He was tall and skinny. He wasn't anything like Alec. He had shaggy brown hair with a light tan with hazel eyes. He was cute. Very cute. I didn't feel anything for him but I found him adorable. It was strange. It was like liking a little baby.

I nodded once as a hello and he shyly nodded his head.

"I'm Maya. But you can call me May." I greeted politely, putting the books down on a brown wooden table next to us. He sent me a weak smile and nodded once.

"He needs help finding a book. I have to go run an errand but I'll come back in a few minutes. Think you can handle it?" Ms. Lakes gleamed happily.

"Of course." I said. She hummed approvingly, turning around and walking off. I turned back to Braden.

"So. What book are you trying to look for?" I asked. He shifted slightly and hung his head, trying to avoid eye contact with me.

"Uh.. Erm.. Private." He mumbled.

"What author?"

"James Patterson." His hands immediately went to his pockets and turned his head away from me.

I nodded, not noticing his actions and walking off into the J section, passing by book shelves. I finally made it to the category with Js and traced my finger on the hard covered books, looking for the name James Patterson with the title Private.

"You like that author?" I asked, my eyes scanning the books. I felt him tense nervously beside me and nod.

"I do too." I smiled. I found the name and title and took it out, looking at his shocked expression.

"Y–you do?" He mumbled astonished. I stiffen a giggle at his reaction and shook my head.

"Yeah. I love all his books. He's such a great writer. My favorite actually is First Love." I stared at him, his face utterly shocked . "Why the shocked face?" I titled my head.

He frowned, hanging his head again as we made our way to the entrance of the library.

"I-it's.. just.. I didn't think a girl like you would read that sort of stuff.." He muttered under his breath. It was hard to hear him but I did. I raised a brow at his words.

"A girl like me?"

"Yeah.. You look popular and your really pretty so I didn't think you would be the type–.." He began until I intruded mid sentence.

"Popular? Pretty?" I questioned. That word seemed very for foreign to me. I looked into the distance until I turned to look at Braden who was blushing madly.

"No! I mean.. I didn't mean to call you pretty. Your not pretty at all. Wait, you are pretty.. But I mean it in a–." I burst out laughing. He was so cute! He stared at me completely confused, his cheeks a dark shade of red. His eyes wide and his shaggy brown hair ruffled.

"I know what you meant.. Its just.. I've never been called that so I was a little taken aback by your comment." I explained. He blinked, a surprised expression slapped on his pale face. He cleared his throat, staring at the dirty blue carpet below us.

"How come? Your a very pretty girl. I don't understand how someone can't see that." He said lowly, almost like he was asking himself. I shrugged. I didn't consider myself anything. In my eyes, I was an average plain girl living under the radar, but it looked a bit different in his eyes.

I glanced at him. He had to be popular with the ladies. He was very charming, but quiet, alone and shy. But that's what made him cute.

I walked behind the counter and checked out his book.

"Are you reading it for a school assignment?" I decided to break the ice once again. He didn't meet my eyes, he just mumbled a quick yes before briskly scurrying away.

Well that was strange.

~•~

I tapped the eraser part of my pencil on the packet of papers laid on my bed. I was home in my room, doing the last few pages of homework. My belly laid on the bed.

The equations were so easy, I thought I was doing kindergarten work. But I got stuck on some, since I was barely paying attention today in class.

I sighed, my thoughts starting to drift off.

Alec wanted my number. He named himself 'his'. I blushed lightly. I shouldn't get attached to someone like him. He'll only end up breaking my heart.

I frowned when my phone began to buzz. I looked at the caller ID.

His.

I froze. He texted me. Alec texted me. Slowly, I swiped my phone.

'Hey. What are the answers to the homework.' The message demanded.

I felt the tense emotions that were surrounding me shatter like a broken glass. I wanted to scream in annoyance. That- that.. Ugh! Throwing my phone on my night stand it, I glanced at the picture of Dylan and I.

Smiling warmly, I placed a small kiss on my fingers and then put it on his face.

"I miss you dearly, brother." I cooed. Taking in a deep breath I shoved all my homework in all the right binders and folders before placing it in my bag and flinging my bag across the other side of my room.

I went to sleep with my phone buzzing all night. Probably Alec. Like heck I'm going to respond, firstly. Secondly, he just wants to use me to be his homework slave. I'm not going to be used. Not again.