Nine| A War

Nine| A War

I'm a girl.. Girls are complicated, I won't lie.. But we understand each other. It's not that hard to understand ourselves most people (boys) just misread us.

I lay in bed after dropping both Bailey and Braden off. After we went to leave Bailey, Braden and I spoke. Once I entered my house after our "talk", I went straight to the shower. It helps me process and think more. But his words left me in shock, shaken up from the competitive tension.

~•~

|FlashBack|

"May.. What's your favorite color?" Braden burst out all of a sudden. I blinked, staring into his hypnotizing coffee eyes. It left me dazed for a second, questioning why he wasn't open around Bailey. Throughout the whole way to Baileys house, all was quiet and dull up until now.

"Why so interested all of a sudden?" I asked, not seeming it to be rude, but I feel like it came out that way. "I mean, not trying to sound rude or anything, but you were never this open until now." I smiled big to show off my apprehension. He nodded understandably.

"Yeah, I know.. Well, it's just that you're my friend and I want to know more about you.. We are friends, right?" He questioned with hesitation.

"Of course we are." I answered with ease. Braden is a nice guy–shy– but nice.

"Yeah.. Friends." My eyes widen. Why does he sound so.. disappointed? Is he upset that we're friends..?

Could be want to be more then friends..? No... No that can't be. Can it? Braden.. and me? No way. He's a very friendly guy but I just can't bring myself to like anyone other then...

Alec.

I mentally slapped myself. No! He's not right for you! All he's gonna do is hurt and break you. He'll play around with you for awhile until he gets tired of you. I frowned, a strong pain wavering over my chest.

"May."

"Huh?" I snapped out of my daydream and looked back over at Braden who was worriedly staring at me.

"You zoned out." He frowned. I smiled and laughed nervously, "yeah, I tend to do that a lot."

"It's cute." I froze. Cute? Did he just call me cute? No, May, he just called your actions cute.

"Actually, some people find it really annoying. Like they could be talking to me then I would completely zone out and I'll be leaving them mid word then they have to repeat themselves and most people get really annoyed with me. Seriously, you must be a very patient person to actually not flick me off for zoning out on you–." I began to blab, my face heating up as I looked anywhere else but his eyes.

"May." His voice was deadly calm.

"Yeah?" I grinned madly.

"I know you heard us." My grin fell. I went into a panic mode. He knows. He knows I heard Alec and him talking. Should I deny it? Should I say I did? What should I say about? But actually, this is what came out–..

"U–erm–ah.." Doesn't that sound smart to respond with. (Note my sarcasm). He just sighed as he slowly walked up to me, pulling a strand of hair behind my ear. I stood utterly paralyzed on the spot. I didn't know what to do. I've never had a boy not related to me touch me this way.

Mind you, we're both standing right outside my house.

"Maya.. I'm just gonna say this.." He paused for a second, leaning in. Oh no. Braden wouldn't. He couldn't. And he didn't. He leaned forward, our noses nearly touching.