Five| Weird Man

I sat on the bleachers, tying my shoe. I was in P.E and I already knew this wasn't going to end well so I thought about asking the coach to sit the game out, but he bellowed in a wrestling voice,

"You get out there, Flores, and destroy as many as you can!" I sighed, getting up with ease. Frowning, I touched the bandaid stuck onto the bridge of my nose. I went to the nurse before I went to class. She sprayed me with something which burned both my scratched knees.

Suddenly I was shoved to the side by a big chest. I felt my head grow dizzy again so I leaned back a little. A hand wrapped around my arm.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I looked up to find a tall boy. I think he was in my Chemistry class. He had firmed up brown hair with a skinny figure and small muscles. I shot him a weak smile and nodded.

"I'm okay. Thanks." I said, taking a small step back. He grinned, nodding his head and removing his hand away.

"Sorry for bumping into you. I hope I didn't hurt you in anyway." My heart thumped. Why can't most boys I know be like him? I grinned back and shook my head.

"No. I'm fine, it's okay." I twiddled with my fingers behind my back, glancing at the ground from time to time. He had light brown eyes which were really pretty in the light. He rose a brow, frowning.

"Are you sure? Cause for most girls when they say 'their fine' they're actually not." He knows us so well! I blushed.

"No really, I'm okay, promise." I giggled, assuring him. He let out a relief chuckle, scratching the back of his neck.

"Good. I didn't want to tick you off. I've seen some girls in their full form and it isn't pretty. My girlfriend sometimes shows that to me." He laughed. My feelings dropped below zero. Wait. Girlfriend?

"She gets so angry at me when I eat all the Oreos but I think she looks super cute when she gets angry so that's why I do it." OK, first, which girl wouldn't get angry at someone for eating their Oreos?! And second, nooo!, why can't you be my boyfriend.

I looked at him as he laughed, which was joined in by my awkward one. He looked happy. He looked like the type who really loves her. I sighed mentally. I can't come between that.

"She's a real lucky girl." I blurt out. His laugh soon dies down and he nods once, his eyes soft.

"I don't think she's the lucky one. Truthfully, I'm the one who's lucky to have her. Without her I don't know what I would be." His expression went from humorous to hard and serious. I blinked, my smile fell. Did I trigger something? Did I say something I wasn't supposed to?

"Alright, everyone, go to your post. We're playing dodgeball!" The coach announced. Everyone cheered and went to their groups. I gulped, looking at the other team in front of us. Hopefully, I get hit by Cherry, her hits are soft and not too hard.

I would hate to be the one hit by Lukas.

He sent someone flying the last time he played!

"Alright, play!" Without getting a chance to react, red rubbery balls went flying above my head. I slowly went to the back and all the while trying to avoid being hit by balls.

I looked over at the boy I was talking to earlier. He was in the other team. I wonder what happen with him and his girlfriend.. I wonder who she was. Judging by his type maybe a bad girl or something. His expression concentrated as his eyes wandered to his next target.

He reminded me of someone.

Alec. No way! That guy is nothing like Alec! That boy is way more caring, more sensitive, more open.. So why did he remind me of Alec?