Containment Part 15

North POV

When I walked out of the house and saw that the runners from Emperton had a gun to Marc's head and Raven was on the ground with a knife to his throat, my only thought was protecting Marc and Raven. When I realized it was Sang holding the knife, my heart almost stopped. I knew that I would see her again, I just never knew when or where. I thought when I saw her that the anxiety would have lessened, but the look that Sang gave me and the word that she said sliced through my heart.

The file that received on Dark Angel said that she was part of a husband and wife team, but after meeting Ben I just do not see it. Maybe it was part of a cover to bringing him along for the ride.

What I do know is though is that he loves her, even if she does not return the feelings. He may have been with her for the last five years, but Sang and I have a connection that we can see into each other's souls.

I look out the window and Sang is sitting on the ground next to a tree. I can tell by the way that her shoulders are moving that she is sobbing. I want nothing more than to go outside and comfort her, but I take seriously her threat that she would try to kill me if I touched her right now, and I remember my dreams and know that I cannot approach her now.

There are so many jumbled thoughts in my mind. I always thought it was just a dream, a story that was playing out in my mind. I wouldn't say it was a recurring dream, because the little girl was always changing, growing.

The sweet child that was the spitting image of me when I was a child, but had Sang's blond chameleon hair. When I would start slipping into a depression over losing Sang, or a particularly hard mission, I would have vivid dreams where a little girl would suddenly appear. The first time I walked into a room with a bassinet and there was a baby girl lying there. She smiled at me as her tiny hand reached out and grabbed my pinkie finger and would not let go. As time moved on, the bassinet was gone and she would be sitting in a chair. When I walked in she hold her arms up and I would hold her in my lap, and she would pat my cheeks. As time went on she started walking. Sometimes we would play outside, and other times she would just sit in my lap an put her arms around my neck and fall asleep.

I remember the day that I asked her what her name was. She looked at me with a goofy grin and spoke for the first time saying, "You're silly daddy. You know my name is Star. "From then on she would talk all the time. I asked her what her mommy's name was once and she looked at me confused and said, "Daddy, my mommy's name is mommy, just like your name is Daddy."

I lived for those dreams.

The last dream came about a year ago. My little girl that I had grown to love looked so sad. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I am sad because I cannot play with you anymore."

I looked down at her and said, "I don't understand baby Star."

She looked at me and said, "I know, but one day you will. One day you will find Mommy again and she will be so sad. She will be sitting by a tree, but you cannot talk to her then. You have to wait until after you save her. It won't be right away, but she will forgive you Daddy, but first you have to forgive yourself. You sent her away, but you gave her me. When you miss me, just look up in the sky and you will see me. I am your baby Star."

After that day she stopped appearing in my dreams. Did Sang really have my child and was she the little girl that I grew to love in my dreams?

Sang POV

For this being an Academy mission, I am really starting to get pissed off by how unprepared the boys and Jessica are. I have been clear with Marc and Raven that no one from Blackbourne's team is to approach me or I was leaving. Raven is acting as the go between and swore for about fifteen minutes in Russian when North told him that no one on the team had silencers for their weapons. Fending of the infected without a silencer is dangerous enough, but going into a rebel camp without them is suicide. We delayed leaving until we can find the supplies to make some homemade silencers. They look like a second grade craft project, but at least they will not sound like cannons being shot off in an empty field. When I showed Raven how I was able to construct my own he looked at me in amazement. "I don't need fancy things like you Academy boys can get. We had limited supplies and I had to develop my own weapons during my time in Emperton," I said when Raven started to ask questions.