Drabble Twenty-Three - The Evil Tree

#23

~Sang~

"Viiiiictor?" I whined again, shifting in my seat.

"Priiiiiincess?"

"Can I drive?" I asked hopefully, giving him puppy-dog eyes. The Bentley was too beautiful not to ask, so I was annoyed when he snorted.

"Yeah right. Last time you hit a tree."

"The tree had it coming."

"How?"

"It was standing in front of me."

"Right. Still no." I huffed and crossed my arms, staring out the window at the road.

"Princess?" I ignored him. "Sang?"

Putting my back to him, I gazed resolutely out, where a car passed. A little boy sat there, eyes widening at the sight of the Bentley. He grinned, waving at me. I smiled and waved back.

"You're interacting with a little boy but not me?" The car with the little boy passed and I stared at the road again.

"That's immature," Victor said, "you're acting like a baby."

"Fine. Don't talk to me. I prefer it that way."

We stayed in stony silence for around three minutes before he sighed.

"Will you talk to me yet? No? Right then. I don't like you anyway."

Another ten or so minutes.

"Please Princess? Pleeeease? I'm bored. Okay, you're a baby. Big, big baby! I'm sorry. Please talk to me."

There was a dragged out pause before he reluctantly said,

"I'll let you hold the steering wheel. As long as I have the brakes."

I squealed.

"Thank you, Victor!" I leaned over, holding the steering wheel. Sure, I didn't really need to move it because we were on a long stretch of road, but the excitement was there. The pure thrill of being able to drive it.

Ten seconds later, Victor yelled, grabbed the steering wheel and jolted us back away from the tree line, breathing heavily from the adrenalin.

I looked back at the tree we narrowly missed.

"I'm sure that's the same one," I said, "I think it's stalking me. It has a diabolical plan to murder me. Evil tree."