Drabble Forty-Three - A Day At The Zoo

#43

~Sang~

The zoo was a spectacular place. I was currently holding cotton candy, wearing a cheesy t-shirt with a cute lion on it, and watching a tiger laze about.

"Why isn't it doing anything?" Gabe whined. I turned and gave him a glare.

"You're supposed to take in the natural magnificence of such a captivating creature being so close to you," I stated to him.

"Yeah, but isn't supposed to be doing, I dunno, handstands or jumping through a ring of fire?"

Kota grinned at me.

"You're thinking of the circus, Gabe," he told him. Meanie let out an 'ah' of understanding.

"I always get those two mixed up, as well as psychopaths and bees." We both stared at him, disbelieving.

"How the hell do you get those mixed up?!"

"I always thought they're similar. Y'know; they're more scared of you than you are of them."

"Gabe," I said slowly, "I'm pretty certain that I'm more scared of a psychopath than a psychopath's scared of me."

He shrugged.

Kota just gazed at his friend in awe that someone appearing smart could be so dumb in some areas.

Gabriel grabbed my hand.

"Hey, look!" He announced, "they have a Subway here. I feel like a chicken sandwich."

Kota grabbed my other one and tugged it toward the panda exhibit. They both shot death-glares at each other.

I mean, if looks could kill, so two would explode in a giant cloud of fire and body parts.

"What's it gonna be, Sang?" Gabriel asked, "Me?"

"Or me?" Kota said.

"Food?"

"Or amazing wildlife?"

"Sustenance?"

"Or knowledge?"

"Trouble, what do you prefer; pandas or chicken sandwiches?" I looked between them both desperately.

"...Erm...How about we go get food and then see the pandas?"

Kota shrugged as if nothing happened.

"Sure."

I rolled my eyes and walked off to the sandwich shop with my two crazy guys.