Drabble Seventy - The Doctor Meets The Gang

#70

~Sang~

The Doctor was staring with utter concentration at the bowl of custard and fish fingers, assessing each and every little bit.

He started to nod slowly.

"Good. Very good. I'm impressed, dear Sang."

I rolled my eyes, trying to hide that I was glad to make him happy.

"I aim to please."

He grinned at me and stood up. I huffed.

"Aren't you going to eat it?"

"Nah. I'm not hungry."

I frowned, but let him have his way, considering his mood had improved drastically and I didn't want to be the one to put him down. My eyes drifted to the clock. The guys should be here soon.

As if by my will, I heard someone knocking on the door.

I grinned at the Doctor, whose head had sharply turned at the sound. He looked at me quizzically. That man must have had the attention span of a goldfish if he'd already forgotten that my friends were coming.

Grabbing his hand, not before noting how natural it felt, I dragged him down the hallway.

I opened the door and grinned at the boys.

"Suddenly there came a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door," I quoted. Mr. Blackbourne gave me his millimeter smile. He must know The Raven by Edgar

Allen Poe.

In a bewildering yet endearingly protective gesture, the Doctor put his hands on my shoulders and leaned past me to get a good look at them all.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes," the Doctor said. I grinned at him, but when the guys caught sight of him they glared slightly. I didn't understand why.

"Shakespeare is the happy hunting ground of minds slowly but certainly slipping into insanity," Victor replied. The Doctor's expression darkened for a moment but he came back to his normal crooked smile.

"Fitting, then isn't it? I've always suspected I'm slightly mad."

North was glaring daggers, Nathan was gritting his teeth, Victor's fire eyes were narrowed, Kota looked like he was counting angrily under his breath, Silas was frowning, Luke's usual cheeky, happy features were irritated, Gabriel's expression openly hostile, Dr. Green's fists were clenched and Mr. Blackbourne's face was a mask of calm but the sort of calm before the storm. What the hell was up with them?

"Protective lot, aren't they?" the Doctor commented. "Which one's your boyfriend?"

I blushed bright red. "N-none of the-"

"No! Wait, let me guess! Is it...Tall, dark and scary over there?" He gestured to North. A giggle escaped my lips. Tall, dark and scary? "Not that one then? How about the Greek one?"

"How did you know I'm Greek?" Silas asked, puzzled, with his anger or whatever it was momentarily forgotten.

"Oh, I just know. Have you ever been to Athens?"

"Ye-"

"Mhmm, some nasty business over there with this cult and some aliens, thousands of years ago mind you, trying to murder everyone."

Silas opened his mouth, but couldn't get anything out before North snorted.

"Really? Aliens? You expect us to believe that? Are you f*cking high?!"

The Doctor tutted. "So young, so foul mouthed. And yes, aliens."

"Yeah, you're f*cking high."

The Doctor put his chin on my head, and the guys gave him glares that could kill. He ignored them.

"You, Sang my dear, were much better at accepting this. If only everyone was like you. I like you. And I don't like a lot of people."

I smiled slightly, my finger on my lip. I really should have moved away from him. The guys looked unbelievably jealous and angry. But it was just a friendly gesture, right?

Nathan looked like he wanted to reach out and take my finger away, but before he could the Doctor did, examining it.

"Really, Sang, I didn't get a very good taste earlier, so what's so nice about your finger that you keep on putting it near your mouth?"

"Uh..." I said and the Doctor did the worst possible thing that he could do. He put my finger in his mouth.

Nathan was going to go crazy.