Drabble Twenty-One - Blind Date Setup

#21

~Sang~

"Karen, do I have to?" I whined. She looked, at me, smiling a really happy smile that told me she was enjoying this like the evil witch she was.

"Yes, you're single," she said excitedly, "and I have a blind date for you!" She sang the last part. Silas and I had had to 'break up' from our little charade at school because of the amount of rumors going around. Karen had jumped on it.

I sighed, and sat down at the restaurant table. It was nice, an Italian place, and people sat around looking happy and digging into delectable meals. I was pretty sure that from the miserable mood I was in, everything would taste like dirt to me.

"Here he cooomes!" She squealed, patting my head and scooting away to her own table, to watch the whole thing out in weird entertainment.

I straightened my dress, a simple black thing with a thick hot-pink belt in the middle, and stood to greet my 'blind date'.

He walked over, and I looked him up and down critically. What can I say? I was used to pretty good looking guys, and this one had to live up to expectation.

He had charcoal black hair, thick eyebrows and eyes that were amber, and rather stunning.

"Hi," I said politely. Leaning back, the guy looked me over. My opinion dropped to 80%.

"Niiiiice," he commented with a sleazy smile, "good choice Karen." 60%. At least he was...Complimenting me?

Karen gave us a thumbs up and turned back to her food.

"You're looking bangable," he said. -10000%.

I tried to keep my features calm, and lifted my hand as if to examine my nails.

"Hey, Karen," I called with indifference, "my blind date might actually end up blind by the nights over if he keeps on acting like this." Karen gave me the Be-Nice look and I raised an eyebrow in response.

"My name's Tommy," Tommy told me, leaning in, "and I don't mind. I like my girls feisty." My opinion smacked the proverbial rock bottom of the proverbial first-impressions scale.

I put a happy smile on.

"Good, because I'm on the teensy, weensy edge of clawing your face off. Be polite." He grinned at me, sitting down at the table. Oh dear god I had to get through the night.

***

I was going to kill Tommy.

Not only was he calling me weird things that I had difficulty deciphering, and when did felt like kicking him, he was inching closer and closer to me as I waited for North to pick me up in the bus shelter to escape the rain.

Karen had taken off, saying that 'sparks were flying, we didn't need her help' and that her ride was already there.

Tommy's suddenly flung round my waist as North's car appeared. A little too high up my waist. WAY TOO HIGH UP MY WAIST.

I flipped around, grabbing his arm and bending it backwards, just as North got out and rampaged forward.

"No you did not just touch my Sang Baby, you little f*cker," North growled. I held up my hand, twisted Tommy's arm further up until he yelped and smacked his head against the plastic wall of the bus shelter. He passed out.

Standing back, I admired my work.

"Should we call someone?" North mused. I gave him a look.

"He called me 'bangable' and tried to feel me up."

North glared at the unconscious form.

"After you, m'lady," he said, opening the car door. I smiled.

"Why thank you, kind sir," I replied, shot a scowl at Tommy for good measure, and got in.

m=sN{{9