Drabble Sixty-Five - Fixing Owen Blackbourne

#65

~Sang~

"Sang, what is it?" Kota's worried voice came from the phone. I bit back tears and made my voice sound normal.

"Nothing urgent," total understatement, "But could you drive me somewhere? I...I just feel like going outside."

I heard his relieved sigh. So Mr. Blackbourne hadn't told anyone. For that I was grateful- right now I didn't need the boys trying to comfort me. I needed to do something.

"Why are you up so early? Where are you going?"

I described the directions to him, and he told me to be ready in a minute. Good, reliable Kota. What would I do without him?

Quickly, I changed into a pair of bleached out shorts, a grey tank top and a pair of white trainers and waited on the doorstep.

Kota appeared, his hair ruffled to one side like he'd just gotten out of bed and his t-shirt crumpled. The whole look was endearing, but I brushed the thoughts aside and sprinted to his car.

He got in with a puzzled expression.

"Morning to you too," he grumbled under his breath, started the car and headed off.

Kota was back at the road, waiting for me.

The air was brisk and cold, causing delicate ripples across the lake. The sky was a stormy shade of grey, and the silhouette of a man stood at the edge of it. I couldn't see his face, but I could practically picture the serene picturesque form of his features, smooth and perfect. Completely composed, not revealing one thought from within.

I put my hands in my pockets and took a few steps forward.

"Mr. Blackbourne?" I called. He stiffened at my voice but showed no other reaction.

"Mr. Blackbourne!" I was shouting, yet he didn't turn, nothing. I scowled.

Stubborn, prideful, hurt man. I practically growled to myself.

I stormed forward, grabbing his shoulders and spinning him around. A look of surprise took over his face but I didn't give him time. I pressed my lips to his, quickly and pulled back.

"I don't hate you. Quite the opposite. I love you." He gave me crooked smile -honest to god smile- in amusement.

"Oh...Isn't that quite the coincidence? I love you too."

I nodded curtly. We both grinned at the same time.

"Want to try that again?" I asked.

"Couldn't hurt."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands went to my waist and we kissed, properly and softly, trying to tell him everything through my lips. From the way he reacted, I think it worked.

I fixed Owen.