Unbelievable

Mason slugged to his apartment dreading the horrible news he would have to give his friends. He opened the door slowly and peeked in, not wanting to disturb his friend. He was almost in his room when a voice called "Mason?"

"Yes Malia." Mason sat on the couch beside her.

"I think I am ready to visit Kira again. I know I was being a bit weird about it but now I think I'm....

"Kira's gone." Mason bawls "You can't see her because she is gone."

Malia hugs Mason "What do you mean gone?"

"Hey what do you mean gone?"

"She died today."

Malia lets go of Mason "Stop this isn't a funny joke."

"I am not joking Malia."

Malia smacks Mason "Shut up."

Corey walks in the room "Hey what's going on?"

Malia continues to hit Mason "Don't... you...ever... say... that."

Corey pulls Malia's arm back "Stop."

"Leave me alone." Malia runs to her room and slams the door.

"What happened?" Corey sits down with Mason

"Kira died today." Mason cries into Corey's chest

"Oh my god no Mase."

"Yes she died today and I got a letter from her."

"Aw Mason I am sorry you had to deal with this alone."

"I wasn't alone I mean Scott was there too. He was very nice and I decided to give him alone time and tell everyone the news so he wouldn't have to."

Corey rubs Mason's back "I can tell them if you want me to."

"No it is okay. She would want me to do it." Mason grabs his letter "She wanted me to read this letter."

"Do you want to?"

"I really don't. If I read this letter then it means she is really gone...."

"And you are hoping she will come back?" Corey fills in.

"Yeah I don't think I can actually grasp the concept. It has been Kira and I for a long time; I mean I half expect her to walk through the door."

"I want her to come back for you. How is Scott?"

Mason sighs "I invited him to come here. I just wanted him to get his time alone but I'm not sure that was the best idea. I mean I remember how he was the first time Kira went away and she wasn't gone then."

"Maybe we should call him or go see him at the hospital?" Corey suggests.

Mason grabs his phone and dials Scott "Good idea." Scott's phone goes to voicemail

"What's wrong?"

"He didn't answer his phone." Mason gets up "We need to go to the hospital."

"Ok ok. I don't think we should leave Malia alone either."

"Call Lydia to come over then."

Corey calls Lydia and leaves the door unlocked for her. Mason practically rushed to the hospital.

Mason and Corey head up to Kira's room to find that she is not in her bed.

"Mason are you sure this is her room?" Corey asks.

"Yeah." Mason bends down to pick up a hospital bracelet with Kira's name "See this is Kira's."

Corey looks at it "Okay we need to talk to a nurse."

"Hello what happened to Kira?" Mason bum rushed the nurses' station

"Who?"

"Kira Yukimura, she was in room 205. You don't know who she is or do you not take inventory of your deceased patients."

The nurse evil eyes Mason "I am off a double shift so I don't exactly remember all of my patients. Maybe you should ask one of her nurses or the hospital coroners."

"Do you have a list of nurses?" Corey asks.

"Uh her first name is Kayla." Mason gives some information.

"We have no nurse with the first name Kayla." The nurse surprises Mason.

"What?"

Corey half smiles "Maybe she is new. Do you have a separate list of new nurses?"

"You're really sweet but no I'm the head nurse and we haven't a new nurse in four months." The nurse tells them.

"What!!!! Who was that nurse caring for Kira all this time?" Mason runs his hand through his hair in a panic.

"I thought I put Nurse Flowers on that." The nurse looks at her computer "Yeah Nurse Flowers had rooms 200-215."

"There was never a Nurse Flowers. I was in there every day and I never saw her or heard of her. It was a Kayla." Mason groans.

"Let me call her down and straighten this out for you." The nurse pages her.

"Can you us give a second please?" Corey pulls Mason to the side "If you want answers from these nurses, you need to be nice to them. I'll be level headed but you need to work on your delivery."

"Ok." Mason walks back up to the desk.

A woman who looks tired walks over to the station "You paged?"

The older nurse asks "Did you have patient named Kira Yukimura?"

"I don't think so." Nurse Flowers answers "No I switched with that Nurse Kayla."

"Excuse me, I never approved that. There is no Nurse Kayla." The woman pulls up the nurse list again.

"Are you serious? I just let her have one of my patients because I had a heavy load the past two months."

"Alright I apologize. I'll call the coroner for you and see about a body for a Kira Yukimura."

"Thank you, Nurse..." Corey starts

"Nurse Hill." The nurse makes a bunch calls.

Corey grabs Mason's hand "Let's sit down."

"Okay." Mason follows Corey to the waiting area "What's taking so long?"

"Mason it has only been two minutes. Why don't you tell me what happened before Kira..."

"She was fine. It was different than those other times, she seemed genuinely better. I don't what happened." Mason recounts the story.

"Did this "Nurse" come in at all after Kira woke up?"

Mason whispers "You think the nurse has something to do with Kira's death?"

"I don't know maybe. No one has ever heard of this nurse though. Maybe neglect had to do with it or this weird nurse could have been crazy."

"I don't know. I mean it is a possibility but it is kind of weird. I mean why would a nurse who Kira has never met want to kill her?"

Corey sighs "I don't know maybe it was a reach."

"Yeah we just need to get some answers before we have all these crazy theories."

"Excuse me sir?" Nurse Hill calls.

"Yes?" Mason and Corey go to the desk.

"I have some news. It is good and bad."

"What is it?" Mason pleads.

A.N

New chapter up! Thanks for all views, votes and comments.

What news does the nurse have for Mason and Corey? What is happening to Scott and Kira?