Tell Me

It was a few weeks later and Kira still hadn't woken up. That was strange because she always woke up every other day. This coma thing was inexplicable to all the people involved. Kira would be fine, talking, making plans and then she would pass out. Mason and Scott tried to visit Kira when they weren't working. Nothing happened though and that was very discouraging to them.

Mason was sitting by Kira's bed today holding her hand and talking to her "Kira we have everyone working on a way to help you. We still have no idea why this is happening. We don't even know what this is. At least everyone finally believes you about the sleeping pill thing. I'm glad you knew I didn't believe that. I mean I know you don't want to hear this but Scott made everything okay again with Lydia. She does love you too and I put her back on your visitor list so don't be mad." Mason sighs and shakes his head "I wish you could talk back to me. I miss you bitching about me leaving your wine bottles open on the counter. I miss the days in college where we would eat at McDonald's because we were broke as hell. I wish everything could be like it was before. We had normal before Scott was back on your radar. I mean Scott is a great guy and I don't hate him at all but you were here and talking before. Never mind that was fucked up to say Scott makes you so happy so I should be supportive. Anyways I hope you haven't been mad at Malia because her visits are short. Malia is probably the most upset because she's the one who has always been by your side. Malia was there in high school and after. She disobeyed your parents and continued to your best friend after the accident. I remember in college when you two had that really "big fight" and weren't talking to each other for three days but secretly you two sent me to stalk one another." Mason laughs "I knew you two couldn't really ignore each other. Malia and you have the longest friendship that I have seen. You used to have something similar with Lydia in high school I mean not to the same degree but it was your way of being friends. Lydia was a little broken after her best friend Allison passed but you respected that and created your own unique friendship with her. Kira you had a way of just being what everyone needed you to be and I sometimes wonder if you felt that way about us. Can you tell me soon? I have so many questions but first I'll answer some that I know that you would ask."

Mason pulls out a list "First question: You will wonder if Corey and I are okay. The answer to that is of course. I know that you are thinking I pushed him away but no I have been holding him close while everything is going on. Second question: How is Scott? The answer to that is not good; this time is different than the first time you were in the hospital. Scott has no one yelling at him or blaming him so he's doing that to himself and you know he is always harsh on himself. He needs you to wake up and tell him that this isn't his fault. Can I tell you something? Don't judge me now because I'm not a strong believer in love and whatnot. I didn't used to believe your reassurance helped Scott back then but now I see how much it does. It's almost as if he didn't believe anything until you said it. I didn't used to believe in the whole true love soul mate thing but that is the only logical explanation for your love with him. This whole thing is killing him, I mean he works and still spends time with other people but now it's like he's a zombie and I can only imagine that's how you would be if it were him in this bed. Anyways onto question three: How is Malia? She isn't that great either she doesn't really do anything besides work. Malia only hangs out at our apartment now. I've been working on it with her. Question four: Where is Scott? He is right outside I asked him for thirty minutes alone to talk to you soon my turn will be over and he will talk to you. I told him I was filling you in on everyone I figured he shouldn't have to and he agreed. Question five: How is the firm? You workaholic, you are in a hospital bed asking about work. Everything is fine Erica, Malia, and I have taken on your work load. We know, we know, we shouldn't have but stop. We know it's not exactly your approach but we are trying. Question six: How am I? Kira I hate this question I don't like filling you in on me when I'm not the one in trouble. I have been here every day and if you would wake up and talk to me you would know I'm fine. I miss the little things though but I try not to think about them too much since you are asleep and therefore leaving me with your responsibilities." Mason tears up "You know you are really hard to play. You always are taking care of everybody like how do you have time to be selfish. That's right you don't but you are sleep so I can't be selfish. I really miss being selfish I am great at it and before you say no I'm not, I am. I am sitting here crying over you and begging you to come back for me. How selfish is that? I want you to come back to help us and take care of us again because it is getting harder for us all not turn on each other. I mean we all love each other but we are hurting in our own clashing ways. Malia and Lydia won't even look at each other and when they are in the same room they rip each other apart. In even in the beginning of this conversation I found a way to resent Scott when I know none of this is fault at all. I just want something to blame, I think we all do because it's easier to concentrate on that then being sad. Maybe we also hope if we find the person to blame we will find how to fix this. Sadly we all still have no clue what is going on."

Scott comes in and sets a hand on Mason's shoulder "Alright I promise you can come back in as soon as I'm done."

"Okay thanks I know I was in here more than thirty." Mason rubs Kira's hand once more then sits outside allowing Scott some private time with Kira. 

A.N 

Tbh I am really proud of this chapter. It took me time to write because I wanted it to be one of quality and I think the next one will as well especially with who all is speaking. Thank you for all your patience and support I really appreciate it.