•24•

[Jared's P.O.V]

We walked in and there I see a rather buff guy with the exact same blue eyes Margot has. Margot and her dad hug and she turns around and says

"Dad, this is Jared.. My boyfriend."

I put out my hand

"Hi sir, nice to meet you."

A few seconds passed by until he finally shook my hand. He had a tight grip and with rage in his eyes. I look down at my hand. It's turning red and I DO NOT think that's supposed to happen.

"How ya do, Jared?"

He says. I nod my head while trying to remove my hand.

"What's the matter Jared? Hm?"

"My.. My hand is loosing... its circulation."

"Oh. Right."

He lets go of my hand and i immediately pull it back, holding it. Margot decides to speak up.

"OK. Dad the hockey game is tonight so what do ya say if we make a dinner and snacks and watch it?"

"Sure darling."

He says as he puts his hand on top of Margot's head like a little kid.

"Ok, mum lets go to the kitchen."

She says, her mom and her make there way to the kitchen and I follow behind them. Before I could enter the kitchen Margot's dad pulls me back and pins me against the wall.

"Look punk, the only reason I haven't given you what you deserve, is because Margot actually wants you alive when you leave at the end of the week."

He lets go of my shirt and he turns around walks out of the house. And when he does, I swear I saw a handgun in a holster, in the back of his pants. Now I'm really starting to think this was a bad idea.

With a few minutes i process everything.

"Jared? Are you coming?"

I hear my beautiful angel say.

"Uh yeah I'll be there in a minute."

I walked out the door and saw her dad looking at their backyard.

"Mr. Robbie?"

"Yea?"

He says without even looking back at me.

"I would like to apologize."

He turns around with a confused face

"I would like to apologize because I know all the damage i've done to Margot has affected both you and your wife. I know what I did was wrong, but I was willing to get help and I got it and now I'm happy with your daughter. I'm sorry that you don't trust me. I'm sorry i'm not that perfect guy you want me to be to be able to date your daughter."

Everything was quiet. He turned back around and I stood there for about five minutes waiting for an answer. After I realized there wasn't one, I turned around and went into the kitchen and helped Margot and her mother with dinner.

-------------------------------------------------------

BUZZ!

"YES!"

Said Margot after her favorite team had scored. I loved seeing her and her mom jump up in excitement. My eyes were filled with love towards the both of them. In the corner of my eye I can see her dad, in the same position, hasn't moved a muscle.

After a couple hours the game finished and everybody cleaned up. We all said goodnight, Mr. Robbie, still motionless. We headed up to Margot's room and got into our Pj's and layed down. She hugs me

"Thanks for agreeing to coming."

I laugh

"Yeah, if i wouldn't you would've dragged me anyway."

She laughs and we share a kiss. If I want to be truly happy, I need to find a way to win her dad over,

"Hey, babe?"

"Yeah?"

"What does your dad like to do? Like does he have any hobbies?"

"Well, he likes going to a shooting range near here. It's called Mark's Shooters."

"Uh huh..."

Light bulb...