Chapter 6

"Sometimes you break the things you love, and sometimes the things you love break you."

-

We were hanging out in the mall, the five of us. It has been two weeks since Niall's sleepover and ever since then we started to get as close as ever, it's like I have known him for years. Except that I've only known him for only a few weeks.

"Hey! Stop putting ketchup all over my food, you're ruining it!" Niall said annoyingly at me as I filled his plate with ketchup, which made me laugh an evil laugh at what I did.

"What? I'm having fun." I stuck my tongue out at him. All of a sudden he took the mustard bottle and started to fill my plate with mustard.

"Heyy!" I exclaimed, mocking his tone.

"You started it." He shrugged, laughing the most adorable laugh as I pouted.

"I was planning to eat it, you idiot!" I smacked his arm playfully, still pouting.

"Aww, here you can have mine, or what's left of it." He smirked.

"I'm gonna getcha later, Horan." I looked at him with a dramatic look, but ended up ruining it because he made me laugh.

"Whenever you're ready, Jefferson."

"Ehm, we're still here." Scarlett waved at us as the three of them were looking at us suspiciously, but kept quiet about it. My cheeks turned pink and I started to pick at my food that got ruined by Niall seconds ago.

After that, we went shopping and I didn't get much since I'm not that much of a shopper then after that Niall excused himself to meet up with some friends so he left as we still didn't decide to leave just yet.

"Soo.." Grace started, "You and Niall?" She asked with a smirk.

"Yeah what's up with you guys?" Scarlett asked joining in.

"What? We're friends."

"Since when are you and him besties? A few weeks ago you didn't have any proper conversation with him." Grace added.

"I heard that he got some problems with Chloe." Scarlett said, butting in the conversation.

"What kind of problems?" I asked as my mind went back to the day he was in my apartment and was arguing with her.

"I've heard him a lot having some serious arguments with her, but he always try to show that everything's fine while it's not."

"I bet they won't last another month." Grace waved in the air and I realized that Candice kept her mouth shut during the whole subject and that wasn't normal. Beside that I kinda felt sad about Niall, he didn't deserve whatever he was through but what saddens me that he never bothered to tell me anything and we're suppose to be friends now. He was the one who wanted me to open up so why hasn't he done the same?

"Whatever, I think we're done here, we bought everything we need." Grace told us and we all nodded, agreeing with her.

The ride was silent as Candice drove Scar and Grace home, so I turned on the radio and I recognized the song that was playing almost immediately.

"Oh! That song Niall always make me hear it, it keeps sticking in my head." I said excitedly as I hummed the song lyrics. But Candice still didn't say anything which really did concern me now.

"What's up with you and your sudden silence?" I finally asked. At first, I thought she won't reply since she took so long to reply, but eventually she opened her mouth.