Chapter 4

"I was always holding onto people, and they were always leaving." 

-

"I'm telling you, that's it." I said for the fourth time today.We were having a girls night at my house, they all surrounded me, watching me telling the story over and over again about how that creepy weirdo –or as I thought he was- turned out to be a normal nice person.

"You didn't call him or even text?" Scarlett asked. 

"Of course I didn't, I don't know what to say." I replied. I couldn't wrap my head around what was happening. The truth is, this world is full of fairytales and things that happens to you everyday but you don't notice them. It's the same things that are important the most, but you actually notice them when they're gone. Or maybe you don't notice them at all..

As much as I wanted to call him, I didn't want to show that I fully trust him or considered him as a friend. One way or another I will.

"But you want to," Candice said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes. They were all teasing me about him as if I told them that he proposed to me, all what he did is that he tried to make himself a friend and I can see that he's succeeding.

"Guys! He didn't propose to me, he's barley my friend, cut the crap al—" and before I continue I was cut off by my phone ringing on the table, making all of them stare at it instead as the smirk grow on their faces. I didn't understand why they smirked so I grabbed my phone and looked at the screen to find that Niall was the one who's calling, I rolled my eyes again as I answered the call.

"Hello," I said, standing up from the center of the circle they made around me. I heard Grace making a lame ass joke about me sitting in a corner in the room, but I completely ignored her.

"Jade, how are you?" I heard him say from the other line.

"I'm fine, how are things doing with you?" I asked, waiting to hear about his proposal.

"It's okay I guess," something was off in his voice and it made me worry a little.

"Did you, you know, propose?" I looked around me to find them all watching me like I was in some kind of movie and they enjoyed it, not to mention the amusement look on their faces.

"I will tell you when I see you." I looked back at them nervously.

"See me?" I said it out loud for them to understand why I looked at them, I wasn't sure whether I should see him or not, considering that I'm with the girls. They all nodded their heads in agreement mouthing, 'let him come over.'

"Yeah? If it's okay," he sounded nervous too as he thought that I might refuse.

"Yeah, yeah come to my place, the girls are also here." I finally answered.

"Really?" he was surprised that I agreed without having to be stubborn at first.

"Yeah, come before I change my mind!" I joked, chuckling.

"Okay, I'm coming." I felt the smile in his lips as I imagined it I smiled too as if he was going to see it, and with that we hanged up.

"Awe you were nervous!" Grace said teasingly, hugging me from my side. My smile faded, rolling my eyes again. I pulled away from the hug, standing up.

"Anyone fancy a drink?" I decided to ignore what they say, for now. Can't I be just nervous because I want to consider him as a friend and don't want to screw it up not because I like him? Sure I like him but not that way. Plus, he proposed/going to propose to his girlfriend for fuck's sake why are they overreacting?