Chapter 3

"I make it easier for people to leave by making them hate me a little."

-

The next day I woke up by a loud knocking on my door; I opened my eyes slowly as I was adjusting the light that was in the room. I looked around me to find that I actually was at Candice's guest room, being greeted by the most horrible hangover ever. The worst thing is, I don't remember anything from last night or how I ended up sleeping here in the first place. All I can remember is that I was drinking too much and I saw Jack and- wait, I saw Jack?

I must be hallucinating, this can't be true...can it? 

The door swung open to reveal Candice with a plate and a cup in her hands as she entered smiling, closing the door behind her.

"Good morning!" she excitedly said, with her normal excitement and I wondered idly how can she always be so excited and happy all the goddamned time?

"Morning," I groaned as I tried to get up. She placed the plate and the cup next to the bed.

"How are you feeling?" she asked me as she sat comfortably on the bed.

"I can't remember anything and I'm having the worst headache ever." I groaned again, rubbing my temples.

"Of course you are, you should've seen yourself last night, I haven't seen you like that since... you know," she was referring to Jack, after we broke up Candice and the girls made me go to a bar and I started to drink like crazy until I blacked out just like last night. I shrugged the memory off immediately.

"C-can I ask you a weird question?" I stuttered.

"Ask while you're eating your breakfast." She said, putting the plate on my lap. I sighed, thinking if I'm gonna regret asking her or not.

"Did I- um, see Jack yesterday?" I said, looking at the plate that was in front of me.

"No...? Why?" she asked with confusion in her voice, I don't know why I asked her she was as drunk as I was the difference is that she is used to it, I wasn't.

"I don't know, I remember talking with him... It must be hallucination, of course it is."

"I was with you the whole party, except for the part that you told me you were going outside, other than that I never saw him." She paused as if she was trying to remember anything remarkable last night then continued, "Maybe you should ask Niall," I raised my eyebrows.

"Why Niall?"

"I'm not dumb, Jade, I knew that he went outside right after you did just to talk to you. Plus, he was the one who brought you here, maybe he saw something I didn't." my heart started to beat faster at the thought about Niall seeing Jack, or bringing me here to this room. I remember nothing, how did he end up bringing me here when the last time I saw was him making out with his girlfriend?

"Okay then, give me his number." I was trying to eat as much as I can from the plate, so that I can get out of the bed and put my shit together. She agreed as she took my phone and saved the number for me then returning it back next to me. I wasn't intending to call him right away; I need some time to think of everything that happened last night and know if I can remember anything.

"I have to go now to take care of the mess we made downstairs, take a shower if you want and wear anything you'd like from my wardrobe, but you will tell me everything after I come back and if you need anything call me." And with that, she gave me a kiss on my cheek and left the room quickly. Everything is so weird today and my headache is making it harder for me to understand anything. I really hope I didn't say something stupid in front of him, since he was the one who was with me. What if I really saw Jack? Or worse, what if he saw Jack? I need an answer and I need it right now.