.23

Nyoami Brooks

I had just putting lil man to sleep when there was a loud banging sound at the door I sighed walked downstairs went over to the door and opened it to see two cops standing there with these looks on their faces as if something had happened. I sighed stepped to the side so that they could come in I didn't want them to be standing outside so that our nosey neighborhood Ms. Woods could be scooping that old lady was annoying as hell.

"Hey, Ms. Brooks," One of the officer's say smiling.

"Hey," I say smiling back.

"Well, we came here to tell you that Mr. Thomas has been sent to the hospital," The other officer sighed.

"For what why?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

The taller Officer sighed looked down at his tablet over to his partner and then back at me.

"He got into an accident Ms. Brooks," He replied.

When he said that I could feel my heart fall into my stomach I couldn't afford to lose someone else. I had already lost my mother and father now I was going to lose Isaiah.

"Well, is he okay?" I asked hopping that everything was well.

"No, Ma'am he's in a coma," The shorter officer replied.

Tears begin to fall from my eyes Isaiah being in a coma was not a good thing people rarely came out of comas when they went in them. I sat down on the couch placed my head in my hands and allowed the tears to pour down my face. I couldn't believe this news.

"Well, do you know anything else?" I asked.

"No, ma'am," The officer says shaking his head.

I nodded my head told him okay got up from the edge of the couch walked them over to the door opened the door and watched them walk out of the house with me closing the door. After I closed the door I made my way upstairs to my room grabbed my cellphone and called up Leslie. She was the lil short that stayed next door Isaiah and I would call her over to watch lil man when we needed to go somewhere. Once she picked up the phone I asked her to come over and she told me okay. I told her that I would pay her extra for watching Princeton for me. She told me okay and the two of us hung up the phone. I grabbed my car keys went over to Princeton's room kissed him on the forehead walked out closed the door behind me then went downstairs where I fixed him some extra bottles. Leslie already knew how to fix his bottles but I didn't want to put too much work on her. I finished making the last bottle when there was a knock at the door I stuck his bottle in the fridge walked over to the door opened it and saw Leslie standing there with a smile on her face. I smiled kissed her on the forehead handed her the cash told her Princeton was upstairs sleep. She told me okay I nodded walked out the door closed it behind me did the alarm on my car hopped in closed the door behind me locked it did my seat belt checked my mirrors and backed out of the driveway making my way to the hospital.

Once I got to the hospital I found park killed the ignition got out the car did the alarm behind me and made my way inside where I walked up to the front desk. Once I got up there the nurses were all sitting around laughing and talking. I don't know what it was about these nurses at this hospital but they were lazy as hell. I rolled my eyes slammed my hand down on the table causing all of them to turn around and look at me.

"I need to know what room Isaiah Thomas is in," I say rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry ma'am we can't tell you that," One of the nurses say.

"And why not?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Because it has to be immediate family only ma'am," She replied.

"I'm his wife," I lied.

She nodded her head looked down at the computer typed something in looked back up at me and told me what room he was in. I smiled told her thanks and made my back to his room. when I walked inside my heart damn near sunk in my stomach. He looked so helpless just lying there with a bunch of tubes running in his body. I sighed walked over to where he was sat down in one of the chairs grabbed his hand lifted it up to my lips and kissed it.

"Isaiah papi I don't know if you could hear me but I wantchu to know that I'm here for you and I'm going to be here for you until the end," I sighed. "I know you can't respond but I'mma be right here by your side like you were for me,"

I smiled kissed his hand one more time and laid my head down on his hand. Just like he was there for me when I needed someone I was going to be here for him.