.9

"Isaiah I don't trust that damn girl," My mother says pacing the room Nyomi was upstairs in the shower and my mother had come over to my house causing a big scene about nothing.

"And why not mama?" I asked her back.

"I don't know it's just something that doesn't sit right with me about her," She replies stopping in front of me.

"Why it gotta be something about her mama," I sighed.

Because she seems like a gold digger," She says as she begins to pace the floor once again.

"Mama you are making a big deal out of nothing. Nyoami is not a Gold digger okay? She is my girlfriend," I replied.

"And you want me to believe this why? I know what kind of girl she is baybeh she doesn't love you,"

"And the girls that you were going to set me up with were going to love me?" I asked sizing her up.

My mother was really starting to get on my nerves right now and I was trying my best not to get out of line with my mother but right now she was getting on my damn nerves. I was about to open my mouth and say something else to her when I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist followed by a tiny voice behind me.

"Hey mama," Nyoami says to my mother.

"Hey," She says smiling. I could tell that the smile on mother's face was fake.

"How you doing did you forget something?" Nyoami asked smiling as she walked around and stood in front of me.

"No I was just about to leave," My mother says snatching her clutch from the counter and walking towards the door.

"Okay, mommie don't forget about our little outing tomorrow," Nyoami says as my mother walked out the house slamming the door behind her.

"What is wrong with her Nyoami?" Asked as she turned around and looked at me.

"Nothing she's just being herself," I say shaking my head.

"And what is that a bitch?" She asked smiling.

"Something like that," I say sighing.

"I heard everything that was being said,"

"And how did you hear that?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Because I had my ear pressed up against the door. After I got out of the shower," She smiled.

Nyoami was a nosey little ass something but at the end of the day she was a cool as chick. I walked over to the couch grabbed the remote from the table and flopped down on the couch my mother was a complete pain in the ass. She was the one that wanted me to get someone so that I could get married and gain my place on in the empire but here she was acting a fool about the girl that I met on my own.

"You know your mother is a mess," Nyoami says sitting down next to me.

"Yeah, she is," I say nodding my head.

Nyoami laughed shook her head and laid her head down on my lap. Nyoami was a really sweet girl and I don't know why mother couldn't see that for herself. Even though Nyoami and I weren't together for real at the end of the day she made me feel comfortable when I was around her. I could be myself and I didn't have to act like I was something else. All of the women that my mother had tried to set me up with I had to be this mean dude when deep down inside I wasn't as mean as I came off to people.

I had been hurt so many times in relationships that I didn't trust people like that and for my mother to be trying to set me up with all these crazy women was beyond my belief. I don't know why she couldn't just be happy that I had found someone to settle down with she was trying to fuck things up for me and this girl at the end of the day. My mother was bipolar and she really needed some help. Nyoami and I continued to sit and look at TV until the both of us drifted off to sleep.