Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

"Ben, please! Just go away and let me be!"

For a few seconds there was nothing, then I heard the door open, close, and footsteps coming my way. There was no avoiding this now.

"Rose...I'd prefer it if you looked at me while I talked to you." Ben said as he sat opposite from me.

I looked up at him as I sat up properly. "What do you want?"

"I just want to talk things out with you. Is that so much to ask?"

"Well let me ask you something first. Does the name Hailey mean anything to you?"

"Look, I can explain. But first, I'm sorry that I lied to you when I said that I didn't go out with anyone else. But I felt nothing, okay? Nothing."

"It's going to take more than just you apologising. This isn't the first time this has happened either. There was that stupid bet of yours, now this. Did you even pay your friend back?"

"Of course I payed him back. But what else do you want me to do?" He held my hands in his grip. "Rosie, I love you and only you. I always have and I always will. Just please give me another chance. I don't want to be with anyone else but you. Just please-"

I pulled my hands away from him and looked away at the floor.

"Rosie?" Ben said as he reached over and turned my head towards him gently. "Please forgive me."

Ugh. I do not want to go through this again with him. I have to change the subject. As in, now.

"Well, um...I listened to that song you told me about on Thursday." I told him.

"Yeah?" He asked me.

He probably thought that this was a good sign that I was finally talking to him properly. Well, that's just great. Note my slight sarcasm there.

"It was...sweet." I said.

"Just like you said it'd be." He smiled. "Well I've got the actual album for you back at my place. I would've given it to you now, but I forgot it at home."

"I told you I didn't want you to buy me anything."

"And you really believed that I'd stick by that?"

"I don't know...maybe."

"You're really something, you know that, Rosie?"

"Yeah, I know." I flashed him a half smile.

"So am I forgiven now?" He asked me curiously.

"I don't know..."

"Come on. Unless you want another tickle attack-"

"Okay, I forgive you."

"Now was that so hard?"

"Don't push your luck, Ben." I told him.

"I won't." He replied. "What were you planning on doing now?"

"I'm not sure. I guess I didn't do any planning ahead when I sat down."

"How about I give you something to do."

"No it's alright. I know what I'm going to do now."

"And that is..."

I smirked. "This."

I leaned over and kissed him. Oh have I been waiting for this moment.

He pulled me into his lap and I ran my hands up his chest, to his neck, then ran my fingers through his hair.