8.

Lauren's pov

I woke up to the sound of rocks being thrown at my window. I rubbed my eyes and muttered to myself with stubbornness. "Who's going to be awake at fucking 1:06 in the fucking morning?"

I walked over still half asleep and looked out the window. I still couldn't see anything, until I heard a voice. I opened the window and stuck my head out.

"I'm down here, Lauren," Ally said whispering while waving her hand at me.

"Ally, what the hell are you doing?" I scolded at her and started shivering. "You can just come over here! Especially when it's cold and at one in the morning, plus you're injured and you need all the sleep you can get!" I could see the little look on her face that she knew I was right.

"I thought I could come in, just for a few minutes?" She said with her puppy brown eyes that I couldn't deny.

"I thought you couldn't move, you looked super hurt. I'm so confused," I said while I looked around my room and back down on her.

"I'll explain once I come in. Hurry it's cold out here, you know," she said. I debated whether or not to let her in. I still have my parents around, but she's out in the cold.
Fuck it.

"Alright, but be really quiet. Meet me at the front door." She smiled and nodded and tip toed around the leaves. It was still dark out, not to mention how cold it was outside, so why did this girl think it was a good idea to this?

I slowly walked downstairs trying my best not to make a sound. I unlocked the door and there was Ally shivering, but she still manage to shine with that warm smile of hers at me.

"Take off your shoes, so you'll make less noise. We have wooden floors," I said to her. She nodded and bent down to untie her shoes and walked in with the shoes in one hand.

We slowly crept up the stairs and managed to get to my room. I locked the door and I turned to see her already in my bed with the covers over her small body.

"You must be cold, aren't you?" I asked shaking my head while softly chuckling to myself. I tip toed to my closet and pulled out a nice over sized sweater.

"Here take it, it'll warm you up." I handed the sweater to her and the first thing she does is feel the fabric with her cheek. "Thank you, it's really soft and comfy!"

I smiled but it faded to a frown when I remembered that it was her bruised cheek that she brushed against. She slipped into the sweater and patted down the other side of the bed and I skied beside her, pulling the covers over us both.

I looked over and Ally was staring at the ceiling while biting the inside of her cheek. It was already awkward, so I tried starting a conversation.

"What brought you over here to my house this early in the morning, huh?" I said shaking her shoulder, she turned her head towards me and simply said, "I really don't know.. I just thought I dropped by." Ally paused for a moment, she was looking at the posters I had hanging on my walls and continued talking. "It's hard to explain, Lauren. I- I mean like, I didn't think I was going to come here either. I don't normally do these kinds of things. I just wanted to come and see you, also to thank you for coming when I needed someone the most."

I scooted closer to her and our faces where inches apart, I looked into her brown pair of eyes and leaned in close. "You don't have to thank me, Ally. I'm here for you, from now on and for many more."

Ally's fingers brushed softly against mine and my eyes widened, I look at her quickly and she was blushing a little harder than usual.

I sat up seconds after that and pulled out one of my arms from the covers, and tried rolling up the sleeve, but the girl stopped me and looked into my eyes. "You don't have to share that with me, Lauren... I'm not forcing you at all." I gave her small smile to reassure her that it was okay and she let go off my arm and waited for me to reveal my scars.

"It's okay, Ally, I wanted to let you know that you're not the only one who's got imperfections," I said as I laid a hand on her bruised cheek, softly caressing it and immediately stopped when I caught myself. She smiled before turning to her side and let out a big yawn.

"Yeah we should probably go to sleep, it is late and you have to get up in the morning before my parents wake up," I said, pulling the covers closer to my chest.

After the room got quiet for about 10-15 minutes or so, Ally turned her body towards me, and scoot closer until her lips almost touched my ear and whispered softly.

"Lauren, I-I have to tell you something important.."

And I already had my eyes shut, once they are closed, I'm about to drift of into dreamland and I hate to be woken up in a middle of a dream AND my sleep.

"Can't it wait until tomorrow, Ally? It's late and I'm dead tired," I groaned, lifting my head up and grabbed the pillow I was laying on and covered my face to block out the little one's voice, but she pried my hands open and took the pillow to smack my face with.

"Welp, I'm fully awake now, so what did you have to tell me that was very important to disturb our sleep?" I sat up quickly, and grabbed the pillow and plopped it on my lap and rested my hands together.

She looked guilty for waking me up and I kind of felt bad, so I turned my body to her full attention and waited on what she wanted to tell me. "Okay, I'm sorry, what is it that you were going to tell me, Ally?" I pleaded her to look in my direction, and placed my finger tips underneath her chin and pushed up to make eye contact, which I could barely see from the dark, but hopefully she knows I'm listening now.

"Promise me that you won't say anything for now please?"

I nodded my head slowly and I swear my heart was racing so fast. I don't know what to expect, is it that bad to the point where I can't even say a word about this.

She didn't begin to talk about it after a few seconds before licking her lips and began her first few sentences.

"This bruise didn't appear because of my clumsiness... It came from someone."

I couldn't believe the words that came out of her mouth.

"Yo-u were abused? By who, Ally?" I asked.

"My boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? How long has he been doing this to you?"

"A long time." I could tell this was hard for her to explain, so instead of pushing it on to her, I pulled her into a big hug and whispered to her ear, "it's okay, we can talk about it later when you're ready. Let's just go to sleep for now." She nodded and I didn't want to let go, so I ended up spooning her the rest of the night.
--

-AZ