1.

Ally's pov

The clock read 3:09 a.m and I wake up constantly because of my stomach growling and making noises. It has been 4 days since I've last eaten a meal, let alone a snack. But I wasn't alone, I'm at a sleepover at Mani's house with Dinah.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Normani said, rubbing her eyes trying to adjust to the darkness. I turned to her and my mouth began to quiver for waking my friends with my irritating stomach growling so loudly. "Oh nothing, just a bad dream," I replied, feeling nauseous and tired.

"You sure, Als? Sounds like you're hungry; if you want we can go to Waffle House later," Dinah yawned. She sat up and stretched a bit alongside Normani, yawning as well.

"No, I'm fine. It's too early to think about breakfast anyway- it's like 3 am and it's still dark outside." I shifted to my side to fall back asleep and waited for Normani and Dinah to do the same and forget about what just happened.

"Alright, Ally, but try to go back to sleep. Mani and I will wake you up in the morning," Dinah added before plopping back down to her pillow.

"Okay, good night guys. Love you two."

"We love you too, Ally," They both said in unison.
--

"Dinah, look you're making a huge ass mess! Hurry and clean that shit up."

"Man, shut up! I know what I'm doing and I already cleaned it, see!"

The girls' voices were bouncing off all over the place that they managed to wake me up in annoyance. What in the world could they be possibly be doing down there that includes such loud screaming and pots being slapped against each other?

I checked my phone and it was already 9:48 am, not surprised that they're already making a mess in the kitchen. I groaned and debated if I should go down there and find a huge mess or wait here and let them figure it all out by themselves.

But curiosity got the best of me and led me down the stairs. Before reaching the first step down the stairs, I caught a whiff of something good that instantly made my stomach begging on what it is, and I could already tell this won't end well for me.

"What's all this about?" I said, reaching the last step of the stairs. They both smiled and waved for me to come and take my seat next to the two and all I could do was smile nervously.

"Just a big breakfast for our little sunshine!" Dinah said enthusiastically.

I thought to myself.

Now I have to eat. I can't disappoint these two- they don't know that I have been starving myself. If they found out, what am I going to do? I kept this for a secret for the longest time, there's no telling what these crazy heads will do.

"Aw guys, you shouldn't have done all of this. You guys are the best!" I said trying to sound excited.

"No problem, girl. Now, grab a plate and start devouring this big ass breakfast. We made the waffles just how you like it!" Normani said while grabbing her fork and knife.

After 5 minutes of an awkward silence, Dinah spoke up to start a conversation.

"So, Ally.. How's Troy doin' lately? I haven't seen him around at all anymore," asked Dinah.

I froze. I didn't know how to respond to a random question that completely caught me off guard. Nonetheless, I had to come up with something that sounds convictable for these chismosas.

"Oh, Troy? Yeah, um- he's been, he's been out of town for quite a while now. For like.. his work. He wouldn't tell me where, but it's for work, I guess?" I replied, stabbing my food and bringing it up to my mouth and chewed it slowly.

"Oh, well that's cool. When's he coming back?" Normani asked.

"Can we not talk about it? I just want to eat and maybe watch a movie," I pleaded and realized how upset I sounded and shook my head feeling aggravate.

Both of them had blank expressions left on their faces, really not really knowing why I was so frustrated for just asking a question that they had no clue about what's really going on.

"Sorry, I-I didn't mean to burst like that. I just don't feel like you know, talking about it,"

They nodded in agreement and carried on finishing their meals that have prepped in silence for the next 10-15 minutes.
--

I was the last one at the table. Normani was sitting on the couch while Dinah was on her knees flipping through discs trying to figure out what movie was best for all of us to watch.

Oh gosh. It's happening. I feel sick. I'm going to throw up. Oh god, why now? I have to get out of here. But how?

They look busy. Maybe if I just cautiously go up the stairs, grab my bags, and leave out the door.

It seems like a shitty thing to do, but I cannot let them see me like this. Maybe one day they'll finally understand, but it is not today.

--
"Hey, I'll be right. You can start the movie without me!" I yelled back to the two as I made my way up the stairs

I walked into the room once I reached the top, and grabbed my purple bag and left. Then, back down heading to the door that's located next to the kitchen table. I grab the doorknob, slightly turned it and pulled. I'm out.
--

I get in my car, turned on the engine, and stepped on it.

I didn't live far from Mani's house. Maybe 5 minutes away at the most.
--
Dinah's pov

"Ally! Are you finished yet? Mani found a movie we could all watch together," I turned my neck so that I could yell at the girl who was taking longer than expected.

"Yeah, are you coming or not?" Normani yelled from the couch.

It was quiet, a little too quiet if you ask me. The pause started to take five minutes. No shuffling or doors being opened or closed.

I went into the hall to the kitchen, but when I walked in there she was gone.

"What the hell. Ally, Where are you?" I yelled as I walked every inch of this house.

"Hey, Mani, where is Ally? She's not here."

"The hell you mean she's not here? I didn't see her leave." She shot up from her seat and scratched the back of her neck.

"Let's go, she must've left through the back." Mani pulled out her keys that were in her purse and began to walk out.

"Are you coming or not?" She questioned, waving her hand to get my attention.

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming."

-AZ