Chapter 43

Previously on, Slexie - What If? 

I think about what else that is bad that has happened. When Addison kissed me. I would do anything for Lexie, but I would also would do anything for Piper.

I love my family, and i would do anything for them.

___________________________

(Just a little information - Lexie is about 3 and a half months pregnant at this time)

Lexie's POV

"You have to tell him Lex." Casey says. "Not right now, he has a big case coming in, and I don't want to distract him." I reply back, not wanting to keep on with the baby subject. "Okay, I understand, but you have to tell him, now I gotta go, so i'll talk to you later" Casey says, walking away from me. 

I continue on walking down the hallway, heading towards my locker. 'Is it bad that I am keeping this secret from him?' I think to myself. 'No, he can't know, he will get flustered with work, and then he will have to worry about me' I think to myself again.

I gather everything from my locker, and start heading to the daycare. I walk into the entrance of the daycare, and sign out Piper. I continue on, and go to the baby area of the daycare. I see her sitting with the teacher, Ms. Ryles. 

"Hey Dr. Grey! Piper has been great today!" she greets me. "Good, and thank you so much, and Happy Holidays!" I say back to her, grabbing Piper and her belongings. I finish grabbing her things, and then buckle her into her carseat. I make sure I have everything, and start walking back towards the staff parking area.

I finally get there, and put everything down, and buckle Piper into her stand. I put everything else in the car, and hop into the driver's seat. Mark isn't coming home tonight because he is studying for a big case. Derek and him have been talking about this forever. 

"Ready to go home sweet girl?" I say. I get a little giggle in return from her, making me smile. She is growing up so fast. She is already 5 months old, and is going to be celebrating her first Christmas soon. I pull out of the hospital parking lot, and get onto the main road. 

I check the mirror, and see that Piper has been quick to fall asleep. I continue down to the road to our apartment. I finally reach it, and pull into the parking spot. I get all the bags, and then go over to the side of the car where Piper is. I unbuckle her and continue on into the apartment. 

I stop at our mailbox to check and see what we have gotten. I open it up, and pull out all the letters, and continue onto the apartment building. I finally reach our apartment, and unlock the door. I institally put Piper down, and then the rest of the bags. She is still sound asleep. 

I close the door, and lock it. I walk back over to the bags, and grab the mail. I look through them, and see one that is a little weird looking. I put the rest of the mail onto the counter, and look over at a still sleeping Piper. I quickly open the envelope, and start reading it.

If you think this is over, you are sure as hell wrong. You better sleep with one eye open, because just when you think I will not be watching you, I will be.

xoxo

Julia

<<<>>>

thank you so much for reading! I will try and update soon! Happy Holidays!