Chapter 26

Previously on, Slexie - What If? 

"This is the set we wanted!" I say, walking over to it. "Yeah, I decided to get the nursery and everything set up!" he says, smiling. "I love you so much." I say, walking over to him, and hugging him.

"I love OUR family, very much." he says, and with that, he pulls me into a kiss.

________________________________

Mark's POV

I wake up to the sound of the baby monitor erupt in tears. "I got this one." I hear a sleepy Lexie say. I grab the pillow and put it over my head. I love the kid, but this whole wake up at 3:45 thing isn't cool. 

I somehow get back to sleep. But then at 6:30 our alarm clock goes off. "Shut it off!" I hear Lexie mumble, while shifting around in the bed. "We have to go to work." I say, getting up. "Fine." she says, getting herself out of bed. 

"You look beautiful." I say, looking at her. "Thanks, even after waking up like three times last night?" she says, giggling. "Yes, even after waking up three times." I say, going over to her and kissing her. 

"Okay, I am going to take a shower, so can you get Piper ready?" she asks me. "Of course." I say, and walk out of the room. I walk into the nursery that is filled with gifts from family and friends. I pick up Piper, who is still awake, but staring at the mobile. 

She looks at me, with her big blue eyes. She has my eyes. "Your a cutie" I say, in a baby voice. "Yes you are" I say, putting her down on the changing table. I already have a diaper over there, so I change her.

"There we go!" I say, putting on the last strap of the diaper. "What should you wear today?" I say, picking her up, and walking over to her clothes. "How about this?" I say, picking up a little pair of jeans and a shirt that says Daddy's Girl. 

I put her clothes on, and then go into the bedroom and place her into her rocker. She looks around at all the little animals hanging down. I laugh to myself, and then grab some clothes. "Lex, you almost done?" I yell at her. 

"Yeah, just putting my hair up!" she yells back, and a few seconds later, she walks out. "There's my little princess!" she says, walking over to Piper. "I'm going to go get dressed." I say, going into the closet. 

I grab some clothes, and put them on. "Okay, its 6:55, so we got about 30 minutes until we need to be at work." I say, coming back out of the closet. I come out to see Lexie snuggling with Piper. "Your both so cute" I say, smiling at my little family.

"Thank you, now I need to get her fed, so I am going to go get her a bottle." she says, and I follow her out of the bedroom. We walk into the kitchen, and Lexie places her into her sitter. "What do you want to eat?" I ask her, looking through the pantry.

"Uhm, just some toast." she responds, while grabbing Piper's formula. "okay." I say, popping two pieces of toast in the toaster, and two pieces for me. "Do you know who's service you are going to be on today?" I ask her.

"Uhm, I think Shepard." she responds, picking up Piper, and giving the bottle to her. The toast pops up, and I butter it, and put jelly on all the pieces of toast. I grab Lexie's and put them on a plate. "Breakfast is served." I say, then go over to the sitting area. 

Lexie puts Piper back into her Rocker, and then grabs her plate of food. "I love this." she says, looking up at me. "I do too." I say, looking back at her. "I didn't think we could have a little girl this perfect." I say, smiling. 

"Our family is perfect." she says. "It is." I say, kissing her, and grabbing our empty plates. I place them into the sink. "Okay, we better get going, you don't want to be late for your first day back." I say, grabbing Piper and putting her in her car seat. 

"Ready?" I ask her. "Yep." she responds, before she gets out the door, I steal a kiss from her. "Love you, and our family." I say, and then we walk to the elevator.