Chapter 24

Previously on, Slexie - What If?

"God, I love you so much Lexie Grey." he says, and kisses me. "I love you too, and I love our little family." I say, and we both look down at our little Piper Claire. 

_____________________

Mark's POV

One Month Later

It was about two in the morning, when Piper started to cry. I looked over to see Lexie, still sound asleep. We where still in the Hospital, but it was only Piper. We had our own room which was nice. 

I walked over to her, and picked her up. She had my eyes, but she had Lexie's look. As I picked her up, she almost immediately stopped crying. I swaddled her, and she started to star at me wide eyed.

I sat down in the rocking chair with her, and just kept rocking, back and forth. She was soon starting to close her slowly blink, and she yawned. She then looked around one final time, before going back to sleep.

I slowly get up, and place her back into the crib. She opens her eyes a little bit, but then shuts them and continues on with her deep slumber. I went back over to the cot they had laid out for me and Lexie. 

Lexie was still there sound asleep. I didn't want to wake her, so I carefully got back into the bed. Once I was sure I didn't wake her, I started to drift into my own slumber. 

______

I woke up to sunshine lighting up the room. I look over and see Lexie is still on the bed. I look over to Piper, and I see her sitting in her crib, looking up at the mobile. I smile to myself, and pick her up. 

She is still very little, but strong. Just then Alex comes through the door. "Hey, Piper can be released today!" he says, handing me the discharge papers. "Really?" I ask, looking at him.

"Really, she is doing great." he says, then he leaves the room. "What happened?" I hear Lexie's sleepy voice say. "She can be discharged today." I say, smiling. "Really!" she says, and sits up. 

"Yes." I say, smiling at my baby, and my girlfriend. "We should get everything together then." She said, and started picking up all of our stuff that was scattered across the room. I put Piper back into the crib, and started helping her too. 

"We are taking her home." she says, and kisses me. I accept the kiss, and we continue cleaning up.