Chapter 23

Previously on, Slexie - What If? 

"Mark! Congrats!" she says, looking at my baby. "Thanks," I say, looking at her. "What did you do." she asks me, staring at me. "Addison kissed me." I blurt out. "WHAT. Mark! Lexie!" she replies to me, wide eyed. "Yeah I know, thats why I pushed her off of me." I reply. "Can Lexie see the baby?" I ask. "Uhm, she can't get out of bed, not yet." she pauses for a moment. "But, we can bring the baby to her." she responds, cheery. "Okay, lets do that then." I respond. We start moving me and Lexie's baby to Lexie's Room.

The whole time I am engulfed in regret. I know I have to tell her, but how do I? 

_________________________

Lexie's POV

I am waiting in my room, to see my baby for the very first time. Then I hear Mark and Arizona's voice, from down the hall. I think my heart skips a beat. 

They walk in, and my baby, mine and Mark's baby, is laying in a incubator. I start crying. "Lex! It's okay, she is going to be just fine!" Mark says, coming up to me and rubbing my back. "She wouldn't have been like this, if I hadn't been stupid." I sob back.

"Lex, our little girl is okay, she is great for a premature baby." he responds back, calming me down. "She is healthy?" I ask, looking up at Arizona. "Yes, she is very strong for a early baby." she responds back, smiling. 

"What are you smiling about?" Mark asks her, going back over to our baby. "I just remember when Sophia was born." she responds, staring at our baby. "Speaking of the baby, I want to see mine." I say, I can tell my eyes are glowing with happiness. 

I think Mark spots that, because he is right over to my bed, with our baby. "Has she been held yet?" I ask, looking up to Mark. "Not by me, I was waiting for you." he responds, smiling at me. "Can she be held?" I ask, looking up at Arizona.

"Of course," she says, and starts taking out our baby. She puts her in my arms. "She's perfect." I say, looking up at Mark, who has tears in his eyes. "That's because she looks like her mother." he responds back. 

"She has your nose." I say, I say, tapping his nose. "She has your hair." he says, and starts playing with mine. "Okay, now we need a name." I say, looking up at him. "I like Piper." he says. "I like Claire." I respond back, still looking at our baby.

"How about Piper Claire?" I say, looking at him. "That sounds perfect." He says kissing me. I can tell something is wrong. "Mark, what is it?" I ask, looking at him. "Addison kissed me." he blurts out.

"Wh-hat?" I ask, looking at him. "I pushed her off right away, because I only love you, and our baby." he says, pleading. I can tell he has regret in his eyes, and means what he says. "It's okay." I say, and bring his closer, kissing him again.

"Are you sure?" I asks, looking down at the ground. "Pretty sure I have to be, I mean, we just had a child." I say, making him look back up at me.

"God, I love you so much Lexie Grey." he says, and kisses me. "I love you too, and I love our little family." I say, and we both look down at our little Piper Claire.