Chapter 37

Previously on, Slexie - What If?

"Okay, see you later Lex" she says, and then hangs up the phone. "What did she say?" Mark asks, as I go and grab our now crying child. "She said yes." I responds, bouncing Piper up and down to calm her down. "I told you so" I shoots back.

"Sure, whatever, you told me so" I say, smiling back at him.

__________

Lexie's POV

Today is the day. Me and Mark are leaving for the boards. "You got your toothbrush?" I hear Mark yell from the bedroom. "Wouldn't forget it" I yell back. I am in Piper's room, finishing up some final touches on her luggage.

She is now roll over, so I have to watch what she is doing now, more closely than I did before. "Have you seen my white shirt?" Mark asks, searching frantically. "It's in the dryer, I washed it last night" I respond back.

"Thanks" he says, and runs off to the dryer machine. "Your daddy is a hot mess today, yes he is, yes he is" I say to Piper in a baby voice. She smiles at me, and continues playing with her toys. "Okay, we need to drop Piper off at daycare, than I need to go check on some post-op patients, and then we should be all set." I hear Mark say to himself.

"Mark, you almost ready?" I ask. "Yeah, I am going to go take the luggage to the car" he says, grabbing Piper's bag. "Okay, I will be right down" I say, putting Piper into her car seat. She just continues to play with her toys, and put whatever she can into her mouth.

I mentally make sure I have everything, and put my phone into my purse. I put my purse over my shoulder, and than I grab Piper, and start heading out the door. I put Piper down, and lock the door to the apartment.

<<<>>>

"Okay, so we need to drop the bag off at Meredith's, and then go to the hospital." Mark asks. "Yes, thats what she said we should do." I respond back. "I ready to take these boards?" he asks me.

"I guess I kinda have to be now." I gulp. "Don't worry Lex, your gonna do just fine, your one of the best surgeons out there" Mark assures me. "Thank you" I say, smiling. "Okay, here we are!"   he says, pulling into Meredith's drive way. "Okay, I will take the bag in, you stay out here with Piper" I say, grabbing the bag out of the back.

I walk to the front door, and open the door. "Woah!" I say, as Zola runs past me. "Hey! Auntie Lexie!" she yells out. "Hey Zo!" I respond back, hugging my niece. "Hey Lex, you got the stuff?" Meredith asks. "Yep, right here." I say.

"Okay, and I am picking her up in daycare right?" she asks. "Yes, I we are going to the hospital right after this." I respond back. "Okay, have a safe trip then!" She says, hugging me. "Thanks Mer, be safe too!" I say, walking out the door.

"Lets get this show on the road" I mumble to myself.

A/N

Thanks for reading, comment down below what you would like to see happen! Thank you always for reading!

OH MY GOSH! WE GOT TO 3.1K READS! I AM DYING RIGHT NOW! NEVER EVER EVER DID I THINK THIS BOOK WOULD MAKE IT THIS FAR! SO THANK YOU ALL, I OWE YOU EVERYTHING!

Remember, its always a beautiful day to save lives! <3