Chapter 29

Previously on, Slexie - What If? 

"What is happening?" Derek says, looking at us.

"What's happening is there is a shooter in this hospital, and all the daycare workers ran." Mark hisses. 

___________________________

Lexie's POV

"Wait, what?" I say, my face going pale. Just then, a gunshot sounds through the hospital. "Get the kids, and hide them in the bathroom." Mark whispers. "Okay kids, we are gonna go and play in the bathroom!" I say.

The kids start following us, and Mark and Derek grab the ones that doesn't know what is happening. "Mark, Piper?" I say, frantically. "Meredith has her in the bathroom." he says. "There is one more baby in the crib, make sure we have something to keep the occupied." I say, walking over to the cribs.

I see Mark and Derek grabbing drinks, diapers, wipes, and some toys. "Don't forget Pacifiers" I say, walking into to the bathroom. "Uh, why are we in the Bathroom?" Tucker asks. (Tucker is Baileys kid BTW) "Well, we thought that we should all have some fun!" Derek says, trying not to alarm the children. "I want my mommy." a little girl says. "It's gonna be okay, you can see your mommy soon."

"Dad, what is really going on?" Sofia asks, walking up to Mark. "The only time you have ever looked this freaked out, is when Lexie was in surgery." she says. Just then another gunshot rings out, followed by screaming. "Theres a person with a gun, isn't there."Sofia says, her face going pale. 

Callie's POV

"Arizona, we need to get Sofia!" I say, tears streaming down my face. "Callie, we can't we need to hope that they daycare workers are there." Arizona responds, hugging me. "Dr. Torres, Dr. Sloan is on the phone." a nurse says. I grab the phone from her hand, and put it up to my ear. 

"Mark?" I say, my voice trembling. "Mommy?" I hear Sofia say. "Sofia!" I cry out in relief. "Is dad with you?" I ask. "How do you think I have his phone silly." she responds, I can hear her giggling. "Can dad speak to mom real quick?" I hear Mark's voice say.

"Mark?" I ask. "Callie, the daycare workers just left. Lex, Meredith, Derek, and me are here with the kids, but they are getting scared. We are stuck in the bathroom, and there a shots all around us." he says. Just then I hear a shot. "MARK" I yell.

There is just silence. A few moments later I hear, "Callie? We are good." I sigh out of relief. "We need to get out, the kids are getting scared." I hear Mark say. Then he hangs up the phone. 

Mark's POV

I just hung up the phone. Callie must be worried, but I have to worry about the children. "Lex, we need to get the kids out." I whisper to her. "Lets get Derek and Mer," she says. "Mer, Derek, can we talk." I say, walking over to the corner of the bathroom. 

I see Lexie take Piper from Meredith. "We need to get the kids out." I whisper. "How, we don't know what this person wants." Derek says back. "But we can't just stay cooped up in this bathroom either." Lexie responds, before we hear a voice. 

"LEXIE GREYYY WHERE ARE YOU?" a lady voice yells out. "Wait, is that?" Lexie says, looking over to Derek. "Thats Nate's mother." he says, going pale. "She thinks I killed her son." Lexie says. I take Piper from her, as she puts her head in her hands. "DEREK SHEPHERD? ARE YOU HEREE?"  The lady yells out again. 

"Derek?" Meredith says, looking at him. "It's gonna be okay." he says back, holding her. "Okay kids, we are gonna play the quiet game, and whoever wins, gets candy!" I say. They all fall completely silent, wanting to win that candy. "We got the kids quite, but we need to do something." I say, walking over to Lexie, who still has her head in her hands.

"This is all my fault." she says, looking up. Her face is stained with tears. "Lex, it isn't your fault, she knew the risks." Derek says, looking at her. "Tell that to her." she responds back. "We are going to be fine." I say, grabbing my phone. I dial 911. 

"911, what's your emergency?" the operator asks.

"My name is Mark Sloan, and there is a gunman in the hospital, she is right next to the daycare center." I whisper back. 

"Sir, I am going to patch you through to the Chief on call there" she responds. I hear alot of clicking, and then ringing. 

"Police Chief." a man says.

"My name is Mark Sloan, I am in the daycare, and the gunman is here." I whisper again.

"Okay, do you know what she wants." he asks.

"Yes." I say, hesitating. "She want's Dr. Lexie Grey, and Dr. Derek Shepherd." I say. 

"Okay, we are sending the men up that way, is there anyone else with you?" he asks.

"Those two people, me, Dr. Meredith Grey, and the Daycare children." I respond.

"My men are on that floor, you might hear shooting, tell the kids not to be alarmed." he warns me.

"Okay" I say, and hang up the phone.

"Kids, you might hear some loud noises, but you have to stay calm, and quiet okay?" I say, looking at them. "Okay." they all respond. "Who got the candy?" one kid asked. "All of you get candy when we get out of here." I say, sighing. I turn back around to Lexie, and grab her hand. Just then Piper starts to wake up.

"Hey little one." I say, looking at her. She looks around the room, then back at me. "You don't know what this place is do you?" I say back to her. 

"LEXIE GREY, I AM GOING TO KILL EVERYONE WITH YOU, IF YOU DON'T COME OUT!" the lady says. She is in the daycare center. Everyone freezes. Then the worst thing possible happens. 

Piper starts crying.