Chapter 9

Previously on, Slexie - What If? 

"Lex!" Mark yells, and then runs over to me, and picks me back up. "I am fine, I just fell." I say blushing at the fact he cared so much. "You sure you are fine?" he asks, as I start grabbing both of the bars.

"I am now." I say, and then he leans in and kisses me. 

 ______________________________________________________

Lexie's POV

It's been two days since my appointment, and I have started to walk better on the railings. Once I can walk down the hallway, I can be released! Mark has been really busy though, but he always checks in on me when he can. 

"So, do you think this Mark guy is the real deal?" Casey asks, painting my toes. "Yes, he is serious." I say laughing. "Just making sure, we all know what happened with the other guy." She carried on.

"No talking about him, he is like he-who-shall-not-be-named." I said referring to my ex. "Sorry, we shall not talk about him." she said, starting to paint my toes again. "I am almost done, then I gotta go to this big speech, the chief is giving." She says, finishing up on my toes. 

"Trust me, you don't want to miss that." I say laughing, thinking about all of the good memories I had in my intern year. "Didn't you just become a resident, before you know, the plane crash and all?" she asked, getting her stuff together.

"Yes, but it still make me one rank higher then you!" I say smirking. "Oh yeah, whatever." she says rolling her eyes and smiling. "See ya after the 'big speech'." she says, walking out of the room. 

Just then Mark walked in. 

"Mark! I thought you had a burn victim?" I ask, while he is sitting down in the chair next to my bed. "Died, before we could get her into the OR." he says, getting up and kissing me. "I missed you." I say smiling. "I always miss you." he said, sitting back down. 

"Your always with me." I say laughing. "That just makes it harder to leave Little Grey." he says, and he fills my stomach up with butterflies. 

363 words

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter, but tomorrow morning, it will hopefully be better! AND WE HIT 100 READS! I am so grateful, and happy! Thank you so much, and I will continue writing, if you all continue eating! And, like I said, we are doing that little drawing, so comment down below you character you'd like to make! Thank you all so much!