Chapter 32

Previously on, Slexie - What If?

"Ready to go princess?" I ask Piper, who is looking at me from her carseat. I pick up her carseat, and walk out of the hospital.

I don't know whats gonna happen. Not this time.

__________________________

Mark's POV

I don't know what I was thinking. I mean we where talking, I was saying how Lexie has been distant, and than she just kissed me, and I let her. Oh god, and than Lexie walked in on us.

"Mark! WHAT THE HELL!" I hear Derek yell after me. "Derek, though I would LOVE to hear your speech, I need to go find Lexie." I say, going to the attending lounge. "We aren't done with this talk." Derek says, pointing his finger at me.

"What did I do." I mumbled to myself, changing into my regular clothes. I grab my keys, and walk out to the car. She had to have went to Meredith's, I think to myself.

I start driving to Meredith's house. "This damn rain." I mumble out, before everything goes black.

Lexie's POV

I have been at Meredith's house for about an hour. Piper fell asleep right away, and we put her in the pack and play they have for Ellis. "Thanks for letting me come over." I say, sitting down at the table.

"It's no problem Lex." she says. "I still can't believe he would cheat on me with Addison!" I say. "Well he did say he was worried about you, something about you being distant." She replies, making dinner.

Derek walks in the door, looking panicked. "Derek, are you okay?" Meredith asks, walking over to him. "N-no." he stutters out. "Derek, what happened?" I walk over to him. "Ma-ark. There was a accident." He gets out. "What-t." I say.

I should be mad at him, but I still love him. It's like I am infected by Mark Sloan. "Derek? What do you mean." Meredith says. "Meredith, can you watch Piper?" I ask her, grabbing my jacket. "Of course, call us with updates." she says.

I am already in the car. What if he is dead. I can't do this without him. I start the car, and start driving to the hospital. I pass a couple cop cars, and car rubble. That was his car. His car, it was in pieces.

I need to get to the hospital, and I need to get to it now.

>>>>>>>>>>

I get into the parking lot of Seattle Grace, and park my car. I run to the ER. I look on the board, and see they are in Trauma Room 1. I run to the trauma room. I open the door.

"Charge the 300!" Bailey screams. "CLEAR" Bailey yells. "Mark!" I sob out. "Lexie, you can't be in here." Christina says, trying to get me out. "STATS ARE BACK UP! WE NEED TO GET HIM TO THE OR, PAGE NELSON!" Bailey screams out.

Before I can say anything else, they are rushing him down to surgery. "Oh god." I say, sobbing. "Lexie you need to wait in the waiting room." I hear her voice say. "Who the hell do you think you are, telling me what to do?" I yell at her.

"You KISSED my boyfriend! Not to mention, he is the father to my child!" I scream out. She looks at me in disbelief. She walks out of the room, with her head hanging down. I walk out to the surgical waiting room.

I have told many waiting families that their love ones either survived, or didn't. But it was different. Not know what is happening. I am a doctor, I can't just sit here, I think to myself. I go to the resident's lounge, and change into some scrubs.

I was suppose to work another shift tonight anyway. I put my name tag on, and go to the ER. "Dr. Grey, you shouldn't be down here." I hear Owen say. "No offense Chief, but I need to work. I feel useless, and I want to work, I can work. Even if it is just stitches." I say.

"Okay." He says. "Dr. Grey! We have a incoming Trauma!" one of the nurses call out. "Okay!" I say, running to the Trauma bay. I put on a trauma gown, and wait outside. "Drunk Driver, crashed into one other vehicle." the Paramedic reads.

"Okay, get him to a Trauma Room!" I yell out. "Do we know anything about the other person he hit?" I ask. "He was transported here." the paramedic says. I did I not figure that out. This is the guy that hit Mark.

"Who else is on call for Neuro?" I ask the nurse. "Just you and Nelson, but he is with Dr. Sloan." the nurse says. "What about Dr. Jason?" I ask. "He is on vacation." she says back. "O-okay." I breathe out.

I flash a light over his eyes. "Get him to CT now!" I yell.

Bailey's POV

I can't believe I am operating on Mark Sloan. "How is the bleed, Dr. Nelson." I ask. "It is controlled for now." he responds back. "Callie?" I ask her. She had to be the Ortho on this case because our other Ortho Surgeon just quit.

"Good, his left leg is broken, and it just looks like a fracture in the right arm." she states. "Okay, the bleeding is being controlled right now in the liver." I say. "Yang?" I question. "There was a tear in the Aorta, but I got it, no problems." she says out loud, checking to make sure she didn't miss any bleeding.

"Just close, and then to recovery we go" I say, starting to close up his torso.

Lexie's POV

"There is a brain bleed, right here." I say, pointing to the CT results. "We need to book an OR now." I say to my intern. I am aloud to do my own surgeries, but I mean this is the man that could have killed my Boyfriend.

"Okay, OR 3 is ready." my intern replies, hanging up the phone. "Good, and can you check and see how Dr. Sloan is doing?" I ask, as we are getting the patient into the gurney. "Of course, Dr. Grey." he says, before scurrying off.

"Okay, we need General and Ortho in there too." I bark to my other intern. They go to the phone and make some calls. "Dr. Bailey and Dr. Torres said they will be there." she says, hanging up the phone.

"Okay, lets save this man's life." I say, as we run down to the OR.