Chapter 36

Previously on, Slexie - What If? 

"So, how is your studying going?" he asks. "Good, I mean boring, but I am understanding it all, and it helps when you have a photographic memory." I say, smiling. "I totally understand, but hey, it's worth it when you get to go into your OWN OR." he says, smiling back at me.

"Is that so?" I say, smirking. "It is." he says, laughing. 

_____________________

Lexie's POV

"Mark, I am no doing it." I say firmly. "Lex, you have to, its your future!" he says back to me. "Mark, I can't get back on a plane." I say. "Lex, I will drive you up there myself if you want me too, but you are going to take your boards, and PASS them." he says back to me. 

"You have to go to to work too" I say back to him. "Yeah, well I can take a couple days off and do this, I mean it's not like we are going to be gone forever." he responds, cutting up the carrots for dinner.

"What about Piper?" I ask. "I am sure Meredith or Casey would love to watch her" he responds, looking up to me. "I guess your right, but we are going to get everything ready before hand so I know everything will be set" I say, caving into his idea of taking me to my boards.

"Good, okay. Call Casey or Meredith and see if they can watch her." he responds back, getting back to his cooking. 

I pick up my phone and dial Meredith's number. "Meredith Grey" she answers. "Hey Mer, its Lexie, I was wondering if you could watch Piper, so me and Mark could go to my boards." I ask her. "Of course Lex! I would love to have the company of my little niece." she responds back. 

"Thank you so much, I owe you one" I say back, relieved. "Me and Derek can go out and you can watch the kids or something, but it's really no biggie." she says. "Okay, well I better go, Piper is waking up" I say, as Piper begins to wake up.

"Okay, see you later Lex" she says, and then hangs up the phone. "What did she say?" Mark asks, as I go and grab our now crying child. "She said yes." I responds, bouncing Piper up and down to calm her down. "I told you so" I shoots back.

"Sure, whatever, you told me so" I say, smiling back at him.

A/N

Sorry for such a short chapter, and like NEVER uploading, but school is like killing me right now. I will try and continue to update more frequently, but I can't make any promises! 

FOR NOW THOUGH, THANK YOU FOR READING, AND ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY TO SAVE LIFES <3