Chapter 41 : Light and Shadow

"Lord Ignus, now you'll experience the wrath of the heavens."

Blue fire emerged right behind me, forming a circular path. With just a flick of my hand, it formed into several smaller balls of fire and I looked at Ignus, who seemed bewildered with what I did. Maging ako ay hindi rin makapaniwala sa nangyayari pero ayaw kong biguin si Phoebe. Ayaw kong sayangin ang binigay nilang pagkakataon ni Arsen para sa labang ito.

"Seems like you managed to use your power, kid," sabi ni Ignus habang nakatingin nang masama sa akin. "But you don't deserve it."

He once again pointed his broadsword at the sky and the clouds parted. As if there was a volcano above, huge, smoldering rocks plummeted from the sky after he chanted.

 As if there was a volcano above, huge, smoldering rocks plummeted from the sky after he chanted

"Claustra liven ador!" I chanted but I was late. My fire disintegrated some of the rocks but several of them penetrated the firewall. I was thinking of another layer of wall when I heard someone chanting.

"Sensen barries amplus!"

After hearing that, a huge flatrock appeared below us, deflecting the shower of magma rocks, but upon observing, I realized it wasn't a flatrock but a shell. A familiar face looked at me with such fervent determination.

"I'll be your shadow."

Her words reverberated through my head and I nodded at her. Without a second thought, I flicked my fingers and the fireballs behind me became alive.

"Is this your way of fighting, Lord Ignus?" I asked, ready to launch an attack.

He grinned and pointed his broadsword at me. "Why? Are you worried because you can't defend those people below us? Now, I am going to ask you. Is that your way of fighting?"

Napatigil ako sa tanong niya pero bigla kong naalala ang mga huling salita na binitiwan ni Phoebe para sa akin. I shouldn't get overwhelmed.

"Yes, and I will protect everyone. . ." Even if it means fighting alone or dying.

"Following the steps of the princess, I see."

Just like what I did earlier, a circular path of fire formed behind him, but larger. He flapped his wings, adjusting his position, and all of a sudden, he disappeared from my sight. I immediately looked for him around but I was a second too late.

"Uro!" he yelled as he appeared behind me, thrusting his broadsword at my back but my fire enveloped me and lessen the momentum of it. His attack only grazed me but that was a close call. I moved away from him as my hands tremble.

"Liven cornib!" I chanted and blue flamed-wings materialized behind me. This isn't the time to be afraid. I need to fight and defeat him if I want to save the world.

A lot of incantations linger inside my mind while I'm in my hybrid form. The only thing I can do for now is to chant the right one at the right time. Now that I'm lacking the offensive power, I need to have a weapon to channel it.