Chapter 38 : Seals

I feel odd. The spirit particles feel hot yet my skin isn't burning. They have surrounded me yet I don't feel suffocated. In fact, I can feel the familiar warmth of Phoebe and I her last words were still ringing in my ears.

"Reika, thank you for setting me free."

Her whole life, she was imprisoned by time, and it must have been so hard for her. I really want her to stay by my side, with his physical and real body, but I'm sure that for a long time, she wanted to escape her curse. She wanted to be normal.

For some time, the spirit particles stayed around me but then, they started to vanish into thin air. From that moment, I have come to realized that I was alone in this room and Phoebe wasn't with me anymore. Panic began to swallow me because I don't have any idea what to do next. I was about to breakdown when I heard a noise outside.

"Exsto," I chanted and a door appeared on the wall. Agad akong lumapit doon at pagbukas ko ay nakita ko kaagad sila.

"Reika!" sigaw ni Lexi matapos niya akong makita. Ilang oras pa lang naman kaming nagkahiwalay pero pakiramdam ko ay sobrang tagal na no'ng huli ko silang nakita. Niyakap ako ni Lexi at naluha ako dahil doon ko naramdaman ang takot sa pagiging mag-isa.

"You look . . . different," sabi naman ni Ryleigh habang nakatingin sa akin.

"What happened?" tanong ni Yano.

Ngumiti na lang ako sa kanila at sinabing mamaya ko na lang sasabihin ang nangyari dahil hindi ko rin alam kung paano sisimulan ang kwento.

"Ano nang nangyayari sa labas?" tanong ko naman at biglang nagbago ang expressions nilang tatlo.

"The Spirit Masters and the Divine General are still fighting against the Ministers and Ignus, but the Divians are being pushed back. Some of their guardians have died," sagot ni Yano.

No'ng narinig ko 'yon ay agad kong naalala ang Divine General noong bata pa siya. Bigla ring bumigat ang pakiramdam ko dahil sa ginawa ko. He promised to stay by her side but I claimed her, and now, he's alone.

"Let's go," I said and the four of us ran to the balcony.

Agad akong napatigil no'ng nakita ko ang nangyayari sa labas. I can hear the cries and roars of the guardians and there are spirit particles everywhere. In the middle of the Central, the hydra and the two dragons were still fighting, as well as Ignus and Arsen, but the Spirit Masters weren't there.

"Where are they?" tanong ko.

"The Spirit Masters?" Napatingin naman ako kay Lexi. "They're helping the Divians and at the same time, fighting the Ministers."

"Let's help them."

All of them agreed and Ryleigh and Lexi both summoned their flying guardians. I was about to call Phoebe but I froze when I heard her voice.

"Not yet, Reika."

"Phoebe?" Inikot ko ang tingin ko, nagbabasakaling makita siya, pero kami lang ang nandito. "Where are you?" Narinig ko naman ang mahina niyang pagtawa.

"You already claimed me, remember?"

"B-but how?"

"I have a large amount of spirit particles, that's why I still have my essence, but after a few hours, even my consciousness will disappear."

Dahil sa sinabi niya ay nakaramdam ako ng matinding lungkot. I don't want her to disappear.

"Don't worry. Even if I disappear, the guardian Phoebe will always be by your side. So stay strong, Reika."