Chapter 24 : Protect

I don't know where I got the confidence to fight against her

I don't know where I got the confidence to fight against her. All I just know is that I will protect Lexi at all cost.

Seeing her hybrid forms might've scared me if I were facing her with my normal self but right now, her appearance didn't even faze me. Somehow, I felt stronger and determined to take her down. Maybe merging with Phoebe made me untroubled by the situation.

"What a bold thing to say, impudent kid." Serena regained her composure and looked at me with distaste. "Do you think you'll win with only using your half-animal form?" she asked.

I looked at her hybrid form and her guardians became her weapons. The snake morphed into a reptilian whip in her left hand and in her right was a trident but instead of metallic spears on the end, the horns of her triceratops guardian were mounted. Her clothes also changed into a long dress with slits up to her hips on both sides.

Bigla naman akong nakaramdam ng pagkahina at parang unti-unting nauubos ang lakas ko. Hindi rin ako makahinga nang maayos.

Damn it. Naiinis ako dahil sa kahinaan ko. Kahit nagtetraining ako ay hindi ko pa rin magawang ma-kontrol nang maayos si Phoebe. Hindi pa rin kaya ng katawan ko ang lakas niya. Am I even improving?

A menacing smile formed in Serena's lips and I shivered at her expression. The next thing I knew, she was already on her attack mode.

"Seems like your time is up, kid," she whispered to me and my instincts took over.

Nagulat na lang ako nung bigla siyang sumigaw at may naramdaman naman akong sakit sa kanang braso ko. Pagtingin ko, lumayo siya sa akin pero nagawa niyang ipulupot ang whip niya sa kaliwang kamay ko at nakita ko ang pag-agos ng dugo sa kanan ko dahil sa trident niya. But suddenly, I heard Phoebe's cry inside my head and gradually, the pain subsided. Before I can even see my wound, she tugged me using her whip and I was surprised by her brute strength. It felt like she's pulling me without any effort.

I was about to fly away from her but that'll put Lexi in danger. I need to stay in this position to defend her.

Once again, she smiled mockingly.

"I told you, protecting someone won't make you stronger and you're just delaying your deaths. I'm quite amazed that you have a mythical guardian that can heal your wounds," she said while looking at my arm. "but it's disappointing because its Divian isn't strong enough and worth it. And by the way, I'm an Exorcist and my job is to exterminate your guardians. Let's see if you can protect them both."

Pagkatapos niyang sabihin 'yun ay lalo niyang nilakasan ang paghatak sa akin at kahit anong gawin kong pagpigil ay napupunta pa rin ako sa kanya. My arm is turning into green and I know that poison might've entered my body because of this whip. In addition, my energy is already drained due to this half-animal form with Phoebe. I'm not even sure how I managed to stay in this form for this long. Even so, I'll do anything to keep her away from Lexi and Phoebe.