Chapter 37 : Free

"My spirit particles, abilities and power are all yours, Second."

Kinilabutan ako sa sinabi niya. Learning the past was helpful but hearing her say that was a different thing.

When the High Seer recited the immortality prophecy, all of them stood frozen. After the last line, the High Seer lost her consciousness, making the advisers run to her.

"Your Majesty!"

Napatingin naman kami sa mga bagong dating. A general appeared behind them with a horrified look.

"What's the matter?"

"Several people are causing commotion in downtown and according to some reports, some of them transformed into animals and beasts."

"What did you say?!"

Natahimik silang lahat at rinig mula rito sa kwarto ang kaguluhan sa labas, habang patuloy pa rin ang pagkalat ng spirit particles sa buong lugar.

"Assemble our guards," the King said and the General obliged.

Pagkatapos no'n ay naulit na naman ang pag-ikot ng paningin ko at biglang nag-iba ang paligid. I gasped and yelled when I saw that I am standing midair but Phoebe suddenly appeared beside me and told me to calm down.

"Don't worry, we won't fall."

Then I remember, we're just made up of spirit particles here so our bodies aren't real.

"Where are we?" tanong ko no'ng kumalma na ako.

"At the boundary of three nations," she said while looking down and I saw armies of men marching from three different directions.

"What's happening?"

"War."

Pagkasabi niya no'n ay napatigil ako at kinilabutan sa mga susunod na mangyayari.

"What's worse is the existence of guardians," dagdag ni Phoebe at bigla namang nagkaroon ng kaguluhan sa baba.

Those who are in the front lines turned into guardians, and what's terrifying is I recognized some of them. I can't believe that I'm looking at them as humans turning into some sort of animals and beasts.

"Soldiers!" one of the Generals of the other army shouted. Napatingin naman ako kay Phoebe at nagbago ang expression niya habang pinapanood ang General. Tumingin ulit ako sa ibaba at napakunot ang noo ko dahil pamilyar ang itsura.

"And because of this war, my fate started to change. Do you remember the General who kneeled before the King?"

Doon ko narealize kung sino ang tinutukoy niya. The General who reported about the situation at the borders is him. But why is he on the enemy's army?

"When General Helios discovered that he has been blessed by a guardian, his greed took over and now he wants to be the king."

"What?"

"He abandoned his nation and now he's the Defense Minister of Garya. Do you know his new alias?"

"W-what is it?"

"Hell," Phoebe said with a hint of distaste. "The same guardian used by Ignus."

Hindi ako nakahinga no'ng narinig ko 'yon. General Helios, who was once a Divian, betrayed his own nation for his ambitions. And because of him, the world experienced chaos.

As if on cue, General Helios, together with his soldiers, transformed into their respective guardians and my body trembled when I saw a fire dragon emerging from his spirit particles. With its magnificent wings, it soared above the armies and for a second, I thought he saw us, then I realized, we're practically invisible here.