2- discovery

Warnings: this story is rated M for its language, violence, and sexual relations between two men (Yaoi).  Please do not read if you are not into those things.  Please leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think! I claim no rights or anything associated with the Bleach series and/or its characters.

Special Keys: "regular human speech", 'thinking to ones self', *mental telepathy*, (authors notes), bold - point of view

 Two - discovery

 Shiro's POV

When I awoke I found myself within the hospital hooked up to an IV drip as red blood was being transfused into me.  Various machines beeped measuring my heart rate and other various things.  As I opened up my eyes I could see two figures sitting by my bedside.

"Yeah........Whitey is finally awake!"

"Yachiru.......Kenpachi........?" I asked in question.

"Its about dam time that you woke up Shiro." stated Kenpachi.

"The kids are they safe?  And what happened to the killers?" I asked as I sat up slowly.

"You should be resting Mister Ogichi.  But considering that you have been unconscious for a week straight." stated another voice as they entered the room.

"Ah Doctor Yamada.  So can my partner return back to work?" asked Kenpachi.

"Lets take a look shall we?: stated Hanataro as he moved to examine me.  I allowed the doctor to proceed with his examination.  I could then feel as I was unhooked from everything.  "Well Mister Ogichi you are perfectly healthy as your wounds have healed nicely.  You should be fine to return back to work.  But I would take it easy for a while." stated Hanataro.

"I understand thanks Doctor." I replied.

"I will get the paper work completed for your discharge."

After the doctor left, I turned to Kenpachi and Yachiru.

"Mind telling me what happened?" I asked them.  Kenpachi filled me in on what happened right after I had lost consciousness.  In my attack, I had manged to killers before they could hurt anyone else.  After I had collapsed, Kenpachi had freed all of the kids from their prison before he called for back up.  The children were all reunited with their family except for Yachiru.

"Since Yachiru doesn't have any family left.  I was thinking of adopting her." stated Kenpachi.

"Ain't Kenny the best?" asked Yachiru as she climbed onto Kenpachi's broad shoulders.  I just simply smiled as I could sense that Kenpachi had finally found something important as Yachiru filled in the missing gap in his life.

"Yes he is Yachiru.  Why don't you go and get something from the vending machines.  I need to talk to Ken in private." I told Yachiru as she nodded her head jumping off of Kenpachi before bolting out of the room happily.

"What's up Shiro?  You have that look on your face." asked Kenpachi.

"Its about Yachiru.  I figured that I should warn you about it.  The girl has a power similar to my own.  It isn't as strong as I don't think she is fully aware of it." I told him.

"Do you think she could be dangerous?  I mean I have seen what your powers are capable of first hand."  asked Kenpachi as I shook my head no.

"She is still young and innocent.  Her power could grow or leave her.  It is too early to tell.  I will help you look after her if you need me too." I told Kenpachi.